A seven-hit night wasn’t enough to put the Braves over the Rockies in a 4-3 loss on Friday. Atlanta falls to 38-31 on the road after missing multiple scoring opportunities. Despite the score, Ozzie Albies came up big in his return to the lineup, going yard on the second pitch of the game. Ozzie’s 428-foot homer accounted for his 24th of the season.
The Braves look to take game three of the four game set with Ian Anderson on the bump tonight at 8:10 ET. Tonight’s matchup will be Anderson’s first career start at Coors Field and second start since returning from the IL.
- Touki Toussaint’s place in the rotation, 2022 outfield, Dansby Swanson’s final year of arbitration, and more
- Ozzie Albies returns to Braves lineup, homers in first at bat.
- The Chicago Cubs manager David Ross, along with president Jed Hoyer, tested positive for COVID-19. Both are vaccinated and feeling fine in quarantine.
- The Toronto Blue Jays claimed INF/OF Jake Lamb from the Chicago White Sox. Lamb put up a .212 average in 131 plate appearances.
- The Texas Rangers signed INF Domingo Leyba to a minor league deal, sending him to Triple-A Round Rock. Leyba has impressive numbers in Triple-A, with a .307/.355/.542 output in 609 plate appearances.
- The Chicago White Sox signed INF Ruben Tejada to a minor league deal and will appear with the Sox’ Triple-A team this weekend. The veteran was released by the Phillies last month.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers released RHP Yaisel Sierra. In 16.1 innings with the Oklahoma City Dodgers, Sierra allowed 25 runs on 36 hits (six of them homers).
- The Philadelphia Phillies activated SS Didi Gregorius from the restricted list after the birth of his child.
- Chicago White Sox RHP Lucas Giolito placed on 10-day IL with a strain in his left hamstring. Giolito puts up a 3.69 ERA, with a 9-9 record.
- After missing 22 games, New York Yankees SS Gleyber Torres was activated Friday and played in the series opener against the Baltimore Orioles.