- Bullpen lets Atlanta down as they fall to Marlins
- Trying to understand why the Freddie Freeman extension hasn’t happened
- The Philadelphia Phillies designated Vince Velasquez for assignment Saturday likely ending his tenure with the club. Velasquez is currently on the injured list and has a 5.95 ERA in 81 2/3 innings. The Phillies also activated outfielder Matt Joyce from the injured list.
- Fernando Tatis Jr. started at shortstop Saturday for the first time since returning from the injured list in August. Tatis had played exclusively in the outfield in hopes of keeping his injured shoulder healthy for the remainder of the season. However, Friday’s injury to Jake Cronenworth changed the plan and San Diego made the switch.
- The Tampa Bay Rays placed pitchers Shane McClanahan and Matt Wisler on the 10-day injured list. McClanahan is dealing with a sore back. Wisler’s season could be in jeopardy due to a finger issue on his pitching hand.
- Cubs manager David Ross is set to rejoin the team Sunday after a positive COVID-19 test earlier this month.
- Outfielder Jason Hayward left Saturday’s game against the Giants after he was kneed in the head by Brandon Crawford on a play at third base.
- Dodgers lefty Danny Duffy suffered a setback during a recent bullpen session and has been shut down from throwing indefinitely. Duffy is dealing with an elbow issue and has been on the injured list since LA acquired him at the trade deadline.
- The Red Sox COVID-19 issues continued as Danny Santana was placed on the injured list after a positive test. The news comes after four days after Santana was activated from the COVID list due to symptoms.