After Friday night’s 6-5 win over the San Francisco Giants, the Atlanta Braves will turn to Huascar Ynoa and Ian Anderson to start the final two games of the series. Ynoa is scheduled to start today’s game, and Anderson will make his return, starting the series finale on Sunday, Brian Snitker announced.
Ynoa has made two starts since returning from the Injured List, allowing seven hits and three runs over 11 1/3 innings. Anderson will look to return to form in his first action since July 11 after a promising rehab assignment with Triple-A Gwinnett, striking out 20 in 14.2 innings.
- Eddie Rosario was reinstated from the Injured List. Rosario slashed .196/.226/.471 during his time with Triple-A Gwinnett, but has performed well offensively as of late. OF Abraham Almonte was designated for assignment to make room on the roster.
- Freddie Freeman, Ozzie Albies compliment third-base coach Ron Washington’s pre-game fungo bat drills.
- New York Yankees plan for RHP Corey Kluber to return on Monday after three months on the injured list with a shoulder strain.
- New York Mets’ Noah Syndergaard relieved to be back on the mound months after Tommy John surgery. Syndergaard surrendered a leadoff homer and struck out one in his 16-pitch rehab start.
- Chicago White Sox catcher Yasmani Grandal was reinstated from the 10-day injured list after a torn tendon in his left knee.
- Cincinnati Reds claimed INF Asdrubal Cabrera from the Arizona Diamondbacks. Cabrera has put up a .244 batting average this season and adds versatility to this Reds lineup with his strength against left-handed pitching.
- The Baltimore Orioles released 3B Maikel Franco after a tough season offensively. Franco put together a .210/.253/.355 stat line this season with the O’s.
- The Toronto Blue Jays have claimed OF Jarrod Dyson off of waivers from the Kansas City Royals. The Blue Jays are now on the hook for the remaining $306K of Dyson’s $1.5M salary.
- The Houston Astros have signed INF/OF Marwin Gonzalez to a minor league deal. Gonzalez is returning to the Astros for a second stint, after spending his first 7 seasons in Houston.
- Minnesota Twins RHP Kenta Maeda will undergo season-ending surgery on his right elbow next Wednesday. Tommy John is one of many options. Maeda’s season ends with a 4.66 ERA through 21 starts.
- The Boston Red Sox have put Kiké Hernández on the COVID-19 injured list after testing positive for the virus. Hernández has been a huge asset to the Red Sox this season, with an output of .258/.346/.465 in 483 plate appearances.