“It’s such a great environment, great atmosphere,” d’Arnaud said on his decision to stay with Atlanta. “The city welcomed me and my family with open arms. My family loves it here. The clubhouse environment is so fun.”
“I was very thankful that they reached out to me,” he added. “I wanted to come back regardless if I made it to free agency or not. Just to get that out of the way is nice and refreshing and it’s gonna be fun. This team is built to win for a long time and I’m just so grateful to be a part of it.”
A two-run home run from Travis d’Arnaud and a stellar pitching performance by Max Fried secured a win over the Orioles. Fried dominated with a complete game shutout and only surrendered four hits in a 3-0 win. Atlanta improves to 66-56 and looks to win the series today at 7:05 ET.
More Braves News
- Braves agree to two-year extension with Travis d’Arnaud
- Alex Anthopoulos, Braves happy to keep Travis d’Arnaud in the fold
- Atlanta continues to prove the strength in the farm system with four prospects in MLB Pipeline’s Top 100 Prospect list.
- Braves among franchises that won the trade deadline
- Jacob DeGrom transferred to 60-day injured list, able to return September 15
- Miles Mikolas reinstated from IL
- Mookie Betts ready for return to Dodgers
- Orioles claim Chris Ellis, Cesar Valdez DFA’d
- Milwaukee Bucks’ star Giannis Antetokounmpo purchases stake in Milwaukee Brewers
- Field of Dreams Game to return in 2022