After a weird six-game week that ended with a nationally televised seven-inning game, the Talking Chop Podcast returns to discuss the latest with the Atlanta Braves. In Episode 293, TC’s Brad Rowland and Scott Coleman touch on the following topics:
- After an off day on Monday, pitching let the Braves down in back-to-back games, with Atlanta scoring 16 combined runs against Boston... and losing both contests
- Charlie Morton was lights-out on Thursday and the Braves badly needed that performance from the veteran right-hander
- Max Fried picked up where Morton left off with an excellent performance on Friday....
- ... oh, and the Braves scored nine runs, pushing the team’s total to 29 runs in a four-game span
- The rain came on Saturday, forcing Atlanta into a double-header on Sunday
- Sunday’s first game wasn’t much fun, particularly with regard to the bullpen and the offense dealing with Adam Wainwright
- Sunday’s nightcap was more fun, including strong work from Drew Smyly
- Initial All-Star returns are in and the Braves are in line for a few representatives
- The Athletic’s Jeff Schultz caught up with Alex Anthopoulos with some interesting revelations
- Much, much more
Please check out the podcast via Apple Podcasts (where we strongly encourage you to leave a five-star review and rating), Stitcher, Spotify, PlayerFM, iHeartRadio or you can find us at our MegaPhone page for all the latest.