It appears that everyone certainly understands the big storyline this offseason is the future of Freddie Freeman in Atlanta.
On Tuesday, Jayson Stark asked Braves Legend Chipper Jones what his thoughts were on Freeman’s future as a Brave. Chipper answered that he put the chances of Freeman leaving at 10%-20%. While Chipper’s answer was certainly logical, it also is a bigger number than most may attribute to the realistic chance Freeman does actually find a new home this offseason.
While the resolution to the “will he stay or might he actually go” saga will likely take a bit of time before it is fully determined. Stick with us at Talking Chop for the latest rumors when it comes to Freeman’s future with the Braves.
- Over at MLBTradeRumors, the Braves offseason outlook is brought into focus, with the main discussion being on how the Braves will build their outfield once again.
- While the major league free agents for the Braves are well known at this point, there are also plenty of minor league free agents that the Braves must consider the futures of as well.
- Talking Chop has started its 2021 Player Review Series for everyone to enjoy a recap of each and every present and former Brave that contributed to the title run.
- The 2021 Hank Aaron award winners are Bryce Harper of the Phillies and Vladimir Guerrero Jr. of the Blue Jays.
- Dodgers president Andrew Friedman discussed the team’s decision not to extend Clayton Kershaw a qualifying offer.
- Both the New York Yankees and New York Mets could be two of the more interesting and active storylines this offseason. General Manager Brian Cashman of the Yankees discussed their offseason plans, while the Mets are rumored to want to speak with free agent Kris Bryant.
- Another interesting but logical bit of news is that the Red Sox of interest of keeping free agent Kyle Schwarber in Boston.