The 2021 World Series begins on Tuesday evening, with the Atlanta Braves taking on the Houston Astros in the best-of-seven clash. After a memorable NLCS victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers, the Braves are riding high, and they will meet an intriguing opponent in the Astros. Houston toppled the Boston Red Sox to clinch a World Series berth on Friday, and the Astros will have home-field advantage. Before the first pitch, the Talking Chop Podcast returns for Episode 321, previewing the World Series action in full.
TC’s Brad Rowland, Eric Cole and Scott Coleman co-host the show, and topics include the following:
- The Braves have been unbelievable since the All-Star break
- Atlanta and Houston have playoff history, even if the two teams haven’t faced off in a while
- Looking at Atlanta’s roster setup, headlined by starting pitching projections
- The Astros had MLB’s best offense in 2021
- Houston’s pitching staff is not terrifying on paper, particularly without Lance McCullers Jr.
- Keys to the Braves-Astros matchup
- What do statistical models project for the series? What about the betting market?
- Final predictions for the series
- Much, much more
Please check out the podcast via Apple Podcasts (where we strongly encourage you to leave a five-star review and rating), Stitcher, Spotify, PlayerFM, iHeartRadio or you can find us at our MegaPhone page for all the latest.