The Atlanta Braves suffered a Game 1 loss to the Milwaukee Brewers on Friday evening, falling by a final score of 2-1. After the final out, the Talking Chop Podcast convened for Episode 310 to examine what transpired.
Brad Rowland is joined by TC’s own Stephen Tolbert to discuss the following:
- The Braves squandered a golden opportunity in the first inning and it loomed over the rest of the contest
- Charlie Morton was excellent for the first five innings, keeping Atlanta in the game despite a shaky offense
- Brian Snitker’s decision to roll with Morton into the seventh inning and opinions on all sides
- Joc Pederson gave the Braves a jolt in his pinch-hit appearance
- Atlanta threatened in the ninth against Josh Hader but couldn’t convert
- What in the world happened with the final plate appearance of the night?
- Looking ahead to the Game 2 matchup between Max Fried and Brandon Woodruff
- What do the odds and projections say about Atlanta’s chance to win three of the next four games?
- Much, much more
Please check out the podcast via Apple Podcasts (where we strongly encourage you to leave a five-star review and rating), Stitcher, Spotify, PlayerFM, iHeartRadio or you can find us at our MegaPhone page for all the latest.