If you’re reading this, we’re assuming you love the Atlanta Braves and the community we’ve built here at Talking Chop. We’ve got an opportunity for you to become a bigger part of that community.
Talking Chop is looking for writers to help us cover the Braves. Keep reading to find out if this could be the right fit for you.
What do the roles entail?
The writers will be responsible for writing about the Braves on agreed-upon topics and schedules. These are part-time, remote, contract roles compensated with a monthly stipend.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best candidates will:
- Have a passion for the Braves and will already be familiar with Talking Chop’s voice and style.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
- Previous sportswriting experience is preferred.
- Previous newsroom experience may open the door for a larger role at Talking Chop. If you have that, please specify on your resume.
How do you apply?
To apply, please email a resume detailing any previous writing or newsroom experience, a cover letter explaining why you’re the best candidate for the role, and a sports-related writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must submit all three items to be considered for this opportunity.