Major League Baseball is going all out for this years MLB Draft, with the show getting started at 3 PM EST with the Futures game. For those who may not know, the Futures Game is packed with some of the leagues top minor league talent all together on one field for a showcase of what the future of baseball may look like. Representing the Braves this year are outfielders Michael Harris II, and Drew Waters.
Michael Harris is getting the start and playing center field for the National League roster.
- Alek Thomas, LF, Arizona Diamondbacks
- Jose Barrero, SS, Cincinatti Reds
- Nolan Gorman, 3B, St. Louis Cardinals
- Luis Campusano, C, San Diego Padres
- Michael Harris II, CF, Atlanta Braves
- Brennen Davis, RF, Chicago Cubs
- Ryan Vilde, DH, Colorado Rockies
- Bryson Stott, 2B, Philadelphia Phillies
- Michael Toglia, 1B, Colorado Rockies
Rounding out the starting roster will be St. Louis Cardinals prospect Matthew Liberatore.
- Bobby Witt Jr., SS, Royals
- Jarred Kelenic, LF, Mariners
- Julio Rodriguez, RF, Mariners
- Adley Rutschman, C, Orioles
- Nick Pratto, 1B, Royals
- Yoelqui Cespedes, DH, White Sox
- Riley Greene, CF, Tigers
- Spencer Torkelson, 3B, Tigers
- Xavier Edwards, 2B, Rays
Cole Winn will get the start on the mound for the American League.
Harris is already making a name for himself in batting practice including some praise from the incredibly knowledgable Emily Waldon:
Baseball America’s JJ Cooper touching on Michael’s power:
Would say Mets 3B Brett Baty has had the most impressive BP for the NL so far. Braves OF Michael Harris had the longest HR so far in my estimation.— JJ Cooper (@jjcoop36) July 11, 2021
And Michael Harris just went to the second deck even further toward CF. Best HR we have seen so far.— JJ Cooper (@jjcoop36) July 11, 2021
Drew Waters taking some cuts at Futures Game BP. pic.twitter.com/E5aYhkpB00— MLB Pipeline (@MLBPipeline) July 11, 2021
The game starts at 3 PM EST and can be found on MLB Network, or via stream on MLB.com