The end of June is nearing and, unfortunately for the Atlanta Braves, they haven’t been able to make the run many are hoping for to salvage a maddening season. With that as the backdrop, TC’s Brad Rowland and Eric Cole gather on a Saturday evening for another episode of the Talking Chop Podcast and Episode 294 touches on the following topics:
- Mike Soroka suffered a devastating re-injury to his Achilles just hours after his walking boot was removed
- What is next for Soroka? How long will he be out? What kind of effects could this have long-term for the former MLB All-Star?
- Tucker Davidson is also going to be out for a while
- The Braves managed to secure a split in a four-game series against the New York Mets, thanks to a pair of shutouts
- Wednesday and Thursday weren’t a whole lot of fun, with Kyle Wright scuffling and a bullpen game gone awry to begin the weekend in Cincinnati
- Drew Smyly has been... pretty good recently?
- The offense has been silent in the last week-plus
- Atlanta will wrap up an eight-game week on Sunday before returning home to face the Mets and Miami Marlins at home
- Much, much more
Please check out the podcast via Apple Podcasts (where we strongly encourage you to leave a five-star review and rating), Stitcher, Spotify, PlayerFM, iHeartRadio or you can find us at our MegaPhone page for all the latest.