It was (another) roller coaster week for the Atlanta Braves, with two wins sandwiched around a four-game losing streak. The end result was not optimal for the local baseball club, but the Talking Chop Podcast rolls on with another installment.
In Episode 292, TC’s Brad Rowland and Scott Coleman discuss the following:
- Well, Drew Smyly was the starting pitcher in both wins this week
- The .500 mark might just be a glass ceiling for the 2021 Atlanta Hammers
- All four losses were frustrating, but the defeats on Wednesday and Thursday were particularly gutting
- Do you remember when the Atlanta Professional Baseball Club was good in one-run games?
- Sunday’s lineup was a work of art, and of course the Braves won the game
- Atlanta’s offense hasn’t been “the problem” but it isn’t elite, and the run prevention has been relatively ghastly through 101 games
- A look at the upcoming schedule, including a day off on Monday followed by matchups against Boston and St. Louis
- Much, much more
Please check out the podcast via Apple Podcasts (where we strongly encourage you to leave a five-star review and rating), Stitcher, Spotify, PlayerFM, iHeartRadio or you can find us at our MegaPhone page for all the latest.