The Atlanta Braves enjoyed a positive week, winning back-to-back series to reach the .500 mark for the season. That makes for a more optimistic podcast experience, and the Talking Chop Podcast returns for Episode 287 on a fine Sunday evening.
TC’s Scott Coleman and Brad Rowland discuss the following:
- Shane Greene is back to help the bullpen, even after a strange saga
- Tyler Flowers returns to provide catching depth
- The week began in glorious fashion with a sweep over the Washington Nationals
- Huascar Ynoa continued to do his best Babe Ruth impression with a grand slam on Tuesday
- Max Fried returned this week and Drew Smyly.... looked better!
- Friday’s series opener against the Philadelphia Phillies didn’t go according to plan, including a hiccup from Charlie Morton
- Saturday’s game was utter insanity, from Pablo Sandoval’s game-tying home run to all kinds of heroics from William Contreras and others in extra innings
- Ronald Acuña had a scare when he was hit by a pitch on Saturday, but he (somehow) ended up playing on Sunday night
- Sunday’s game went well, and the Braves are back to .500
- A look at the upcoming week of action
- Much, much more
Please check out the podcast via Apple Podcasts (where we strongly encourage you to leave a five-star review and rating), Stitcher, Spotify, PlayerFM, iHeartRadio or you can find us at our MegaPhone page for all the latest.