May is here and, for the Atlanta Braves, the new month hasn’t started in the best possible fashion. With that as the backdrop, the Talking Chop Podcast is here for another run and TC’s Brad Rowland and Eric Cole host Episode 286 on this fine Sunday.
Topics include the following:
- How ugly are things in Atlanta?
- The week started very well for the Braves with three straight wins over the Cubs
- Ian Anderson was lights-out in his first start of the week on Tuesday and a 10-0 blowout on Wednesday brought the Braves back to .500 for the season
- Austin Riley’s bounce-back is both needed and encouraging
- Drew Smyly was annihilated on Friday and Atlanta gave up 13 runs, helping to paint an ugly run prevention picture for the month of April
- Saturday’s loss was frustrating and also costly, with Travis d’Arnaud hitting the 60-day injured list and setting up an interesting situation at catcher
- Another loss on Sunday, bringing the skid to four games
- Looking ahead to the week to come, with six games against NL East foes in the next seven days
- Much, much more
Please check out the podcast via Apple Podcasts (where we strongly encourage you to leave a five-star review and rating), Stitcher, Spotify, PlayerFM, iHeartRadio or you can find us at our MegaPhone page for all the latest.