With the 2021 MLB Playoffs getting underway last night, it was also playoff prediction day for many.
Several major sports outlets revealed their predictions for the MLB Playoffs and the World Series, and when it comes to the Braves and the Brewers, as expected, the Brewers were overwhelmingly viewed as the favorite.
In most places, it basically played out anywhere from 55-45 in terms of percentage odds to Milwaukee basically being a 2 to 1 favorite. For instance, the minds at ESPN voted 25 to 11 in favor of the Brewers. Along with the Brewers consistently being considered the favorite, the main reason mentioned as to why was consistent as well. The Brewers’ starting staff is believed to be the biggest advantage either team has over the other in this series.
While that may be true, it seems many do acknowledge the Braves have a realistic shot when the series starts in two days. If Atlanta’s offense is clicking, they certainly have to like their chances to at least take the series to five games.
- It was obviously a quiet day for the Braves on the field. However, plenty of fun content was made available for everyone to enjoy. Over at MLB.com, Mark Bowman wrote a wonderful and insightful piece detailing how Alex Anthopoulos’s plan at the MLB Trade Deadline came together.
- How awesome was Austin Riley’s season? Bowman also details the historic production Riley made this season to offer even more proof of how special his breakout campaign was.
- At Talking Chop, many different perspectives were examined when it came to the Brewers and Braves. The Braves may be closer to the Brewers than many think when it comes to both pitching staffs overall, but the two biggest questions regarding the Braves in this series still centers on their arms.
- On the Road to Atlanta Podcast, the crew breaks down the season for Gwinnett and looks a the performances of many of the Braves’ most notable prospects.
- In perhaps the most anticipated Wild Card game in MLB Playoff history, the Red Sox beat the Yankees to make the ALDS. While Gerrit Cole struggled, Nathan Eovaldi was highly effective to help the Red Sox earn the win and eliminate the Yankees while Xander Bogaerts delivered the big hit of the night.
- As for notable news regarding the NL Playoff picture, the return of Brandon Belt for the Giants was labeled as a ‘dream scenario’ to return by the NLCS. Belt fractured his left thumb back on September 26th.
- For the Dodgers, the injury news seems to be both positive and negative for the Dodgers. While surgery is not expected to be needed for either Max Muncy or Clayton Kershaw at this time, Kershaw is out for the playoffs while Muncy’s chances of a return are slim.
- The postseason continues tonight with the Dodgers versus the Cardinals, and MLB.com has plenty of insight into the matchup.