(20-25) Gwinnett Braves 8, (18-28) Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs 2
- Barrett Kleinknecht 1B: 3-4, HR, 3 RBI, 2 R, .235 AVG
- Adonis Garcia LF: 2-4, R, RBI, OF Assist, .342 AVG
- Cedric Hunter RF: 3-4, R, RBI, .289 AVG
- Sean Kazmar SS/3B: 2-4, 2 R, 2B, RBI, .305 AVG
- Eury Perez CF: 1-3, R, RBI, 2 SB (24), .293 AVG
- Jose Peraza 2B: 0-4, SO, .288 AVG
- Chris Johnson 3B: 0-1
- Matt Wisler SP: 2 IP, 2 H, SO, 4.21 ERA
- Chien-Ming Wang RP: Win (2-4), 7 IP, 9 H, 2 ER, BB, 2 SO, 4.41 ERA
Continuing Monday's postponed game, the Gwinnett Braves sat on a 2-0 lead after 2 innings when they started play. They'd tack on 6 more runs in the game to secure an 8-2 win over the Iron Pigs. Barrett Kleinknecht went deep for a 2-run HR in the sixth for his third of the season. Cedric Hunter added 3 hits and an RBI, while Adonis Garcia continued his hot start with 3 hits and an RBI of his own. Matt Wisler didn't continue on the mound after 2 scoreless innings on Monday. Chien-Ming Wang came in and pitched 7 innings of relief to get the win. Chris Johnson didn't play after lining out in his only at bat on Monday.
(21-25) Gwinnett Braves 4, (18-29) Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs 1 (F/7)
- Jose Peraza CF/2B: 2-3, R, RBI, .296 AVG
- Wil Nieves C: 1-3, 2B, 3 RBI, .250 AVG
- Adonis Garcia 3B: 1-2, R, BB, .345 AVG
- Sugar Ray Marimon SP: Win (3-2), 6 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 7 SO, 3.58 ERA
- Aaron Kurcz RP: Save (6), IP, H, 2 SO, 2.55 ERA
The second game of the double header was only a 7 inning contest. Sugar Ray Marimon bounced back from his rough start last time out to pitch 6 quality innings on his was to his third win of the season. Jose Peraza also bounced back from his 0-4 performance earlier in the day with 2 hits, a run scored, and an RBI. Wil Nieves provided the big blow with a 3-run double in the bottom of the sixth to give the Braves the lead. Aaron Kurcz was brought on in the seventh to convert his sixth save of the year.
Gwinnett will play another double header against Lehigh with the first game starting at 5:05. The second game will once again be only 7 innings.
(24-21) Mississippi Braves 5, (21-25) Pensacola Blue Wahoos 7 (F/14)
- Seth Loman 1B: 2-6, RBI, BB, 3 SO, .228 AVG
- Mallex Smith CF: 2-6, R, BB, SB (16), .345 AVG
- Matt Lipka LF: 2-7, R, OF Assist, .286 AVG
- Eric Garcia SS: 1-6, R, 3B, RBI, .321 AVG
- Corban Joseph 2B: 1-5, RBI, 2 BB, 2 SO, CS, .265 AVG
- Jason Hursh SP: ND, 6 IP, 8 H, 2 ER, BB, 8 SO, 5.91 ERA
- Bryton Trepagnier RP: Loss (1-2), IP, 2 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 3.86 ERA
The Mississippi Braves went double the length of Gwinnett's second game with a 14-inning contest. Bryton Trepagnier allowed 3 runs in the top of the 14th, and the Braves were able to only score one in the bottom half to take the loss. Mallex Smith reached base 3 more times and added his 16th steal. Jason Hursh got the start and had an encouraging start only allowing 2 runs in 6 six innings of work.
Mississippi will continue its series with Pensacola at 8:00.
Carolina Mudcats vs. Myrtle Beach Pelicans: Postponed
The Carolina Mudcats failed to play their game against the Pelicans due to rain. They will play a doubleheader beginning at 5:00 with both games shortened to 7 innings.
(22-24) Rome Braves 3, (23-23) Charleston RiverDogs 2
- Ozhaino Albies SS: 2-5, 2B, RBI, .288 AVG
- Omar Obregon 2B: 2-4, R, BB, SB, .292 AVG
- Jordan Edgerton 3B: 1-4, R, RBI, BB, .307 AVG
- Braxton Davidson RF: 1-3, R, BB, SO, .246 AVG
- Joey Terdoslavich LF: 1-4, BB, .385 AVG
- Brandon Barker SP: Win (3-4), 6 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, BB, 8 SO, 3.48 ERA
The Rome Braves held off Charleston for a 3-2 win led by a great outing by Brandon Barker. Barker struck out 8 in 6 innings of work to pick up his third win of the year. Ozhaino Albies continues to get it done from the leadoff spot with 2 more hits including a double and a game-tying RBI single in the fifth inning. Joey Terdoslavich and Braxton Davidson both had one hit and one walk in the game.
Rome will hit the road to begin a series against the Hickory Crawdads at 7:00.