(19-25) Gwinnett Braves 0, (25-19) Columbus Clippers 4
- Eury Perez CF: 1-4, .293 AVG
- Cedric Hunter LF: 1-4, .276 AVG
- Jose Peraza 2B: 0-4, .296 AVG
- Cody Martin SP: Loss (0-1), 3 IP, 2 H, ER, 4 SO, 2.08 ERA
- Greg Smith RP: 4 IP, 8 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 3.66 ERA
The Gwinnett Braves were shutout while only managing six hits on Sunday. Cody Martin got the start and only allowed one run in his predetermined short outing. Reliever Greg Smith came in and allowed the other three runs in four innings which was plenty to take care of Gwinnett.
Gwinnett will head home to face Lehigh Valley at 6:35
(24-19) Mississippi Braves 0, (16-27) Jacksonville Suns 2
- Mallex Smith CF: 1-3, BB, SB (15), .348 AVG
- Matt Lipka LF: 1-3, .295 AVG
- Corban Joseph 2B: 1-4, .268 AVG
- Rio Ruiz 3B: 0-3, BB, SO, .174 AVG
- Greg Ross SP: Loss (2-4), 6 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, BB, 2 SO, 4.85 ERA
- Juan Jaime RP: IP, 2 BB, 2 SO, 0.00 ERA
The Mississippi Braves bettered Gwinnett by two in the hits category but were still unable to get a run across. Mallex Smith reached base two more times at the top of the lineup and stole his 15th bag of the season but failed to cross home with the help from the rest of the lineup. Rio Ruiz was once again without a hit and is hitting just .174 on the season. Greg Ross pitched well but got the loss with no run support, while Juan Jaime pitched a scoreless inning out of the bullpen.
Mississippi will continue its series in Jacksonville at 1:05
(19-21) Carolina Mudcats 2, (24-18) Wilmington Blue Rocks 10
- Carlos Franco 3B: 2-4, RBI, .226 AVG
- Jacob Schrader DH: 1-4, R, .321 AVG
- Levi Hyams 2B: 1-3, R, BB, .235 AVG
- Joey Meneses 1B: 1-3, RBI, BB, .217 AVG
- Andrew Waszak SP: Loss (1-3), 5 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 3 SO, 3.94 ERA
- Mauricio Cabrera RP: 0.1 IP, 4 H, 6 ER, 2 BB, 5.79 ERA
The Carolina Mudcats were at least able to get a couple of runs across, but a disaster eighth inning by Mauricio Cabrera spoiled any hopes for a victory on Sunday. After RBI singles by Carlos Franco and Joey Meneses in the second and third inning, the Blue Rocks led 3-2. The game remained scoreless until Cabrera gave up six runs on four hits and two walks while just recording just one out in the eighth.
The Mudcats will also get things underway at 1:05 as they cap off their series in Wilmington.
(19-24) Rome Braves 5, (19-24) Savannah Sand Gnats 1
- Erison Mendez 2B: 3-3, 2B, 3 RBI, BB, .500 AVG
- Joseph Daris CF: 4-4, 2B, RBI, .293 AVG
- Braxton Davidson RF: 2-3, 2 R, BB, .248 AVG
- Stephen Gaylor LF: 2-4, 3 R, .233 AVG
- Caleb Beech SP: Win (4-2), 7 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 5 SO, 2.31 ERA
The Rome Braves were able to generate plenty of offense on Sunday as Erison Mendez, Joseph Daris, Braxton Davidson, and Stephen Gaylor combined for 11 hits and all five runs to lead the Braves to a 5-1 victory. Mendez made the most of his opportunity to start by reaching base on all four of his plate appearances and driving in his first three runs of the season. Davison reached base three times and continues to be very patient in his plate approach while looking for some more luck on batted balls. Caleb Beech got the win in a very nice performance going seven strong innings while only allowing one run.
Rome will begin a new series in Charleston at 6:35.