(18-24) Gwinnett Braves 4, (24-18) Columbus Clippers 8
- Jose Peraza 2B: 1-4, HR(2), R, 2 RBI, .313 AVG
- Eury Perez CF: 1-3, 2 R, SB (22), .287 AVG
- Elmer Reyes 3B: 1-4, BB, RBI
- Sugar Ray Marimon SP: Loss (2-2), 3.2 IP, 7 H, 7 ER, 4 BB, SO, 4.05 ERA
The Gwinnett Braves grabbed a quick 1-0 lead in the first inning from a Columbus error, but Sugar Ray Marimon lost that lead quickly as the Clippers exploded for 6 first inning runs off of the recently recalled pitcher. Jose Peraza showed another flash of power as he hit his second home run in as many nights after returning from an injury. The lineup managed 8 hits from 8 different batters in the game. Eury Perez was on base two more times and stole his 22nd bag of the season.
Gwinnett will be back in action in Columbus at 7:15
(23-18) Mississippi Braves 3, (15-26) Jacksonville Suns 2
- Mallex Smith CF: 3-4, 2 R, 2B, SB (13), .348 AVG
- Matt Lipka LF: 0-1, 2 HBP, SF, RBI, R, 2 SB, .294 AVG
- Tyrell Jenkins SP: Win (3-2), 7 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 3 BB, 7 SO, 2.94 ERA
In an extremely odd contest for the Mississippi Braves, a strong outing by Tyrell Jenkins got them the win 3-2. Matt Lipka had the line of the night with only one official at-bat. He was hit by a pitch in his first two plate appearances, he stole home in the third inning, he brought home Mallex Smith with a sacrifice fly in the fifth inning, and he finally recorded an at-bat in the eighth with a fielder's choice followed up by another stolen base. Mallex Smith had 3 of the Braves' 4 hits and scored 2 of the 3 runs in the game to continue his incredible play. He also added another stolen base when he swiped third in the fifth inning which led to a sacrifice fly. Tyrell Jenkins had another quality outing with 7 strikeouts in 7 innings. Both of his runs allowed came in the eighth inning when he was unable to record an out before being replaced by Tyler Jones. Jones allowed 2 of the 3 inherited runners to score.
Mississippi will continue its series in Jacksonville at 6:05
(19-19) Carolina Mudcats 1, (22-18) Wilmington Blue Rocks 3
- Johan Camargo SS: 3-4, 2B, .276 AVG
- Sean Godfrey RF: 2-4, .296 AVG
- Sean Furney SP: Loss (0-1), 7 IP, 8 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 7 SO, 2.77 ERA
The Carolina Mudcats were unable to get the bats going as 1 second inning sacrifice fly was the only run managed in the game. The Blue Rocks brought 1 across in the first and 2 across in the third to cap off the scoring for the night. Johan Camargo had 3 hits including a double to raise his average to .276, while Sean Godfrey was the only other Mudcat with a multi-hit game as he creeps towards a .300 average on the season. Sean Furney had a good outing in defeat allowing only 2 runs in 7 innings.
First pitch for the Mudcats in Wilmington will be at 7:05
(17-23) Rome Braves 2, (18-22) Savannah Sand Gnats 4
- Ozhaino Albies SS: 2-4, R, RBI, .292 AVG
- Jordan Eagerton 3B: 1-3, RBI (27), .336 AVG
- Braxton Davidson RF: 1-2, BB, .242 AVG
- Brandon Barker SP: Loss (2-4), 6 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 1 ER, BB, 3 SO, 3.82 ERA
In the first game of Rome's Friday doubleheader the Braves lost the 7 inning contest 4-2. Ozhaino Albies and Jordan Eagerton drove in one run each in the third inning to take a 2-0 lead, but Rome was unable to muster any offense afterward. Brandon Barker pitched well, but gave up three unearned runs in the costly fourth inning.
(17-24) Rome Braves 2, (19-22) Savannah Sand Gnats 5
- Omar Obregon 2B: 3-4, .287 AVG
- Wigberto Nevarez DH-C: 1-3, HR, SF, 2 RBI, R, .197 AVG
- Ozhaino Albies SS: 1-3, R, BB, .293 AVG
- Chad Sobotka SP: Loss (1-2), 2.2 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 3 SO, 4.73 ERA
- Cole Brocker RP: 2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, SO, 4.50 ERA
Rome was once again unable to generate much offense in the nightcap on Friday as Wigberto Nevarez's sacrifice fly in the first and solo home run in the sixth were the only runs in the contest for the Braves. Ozhaino Albies continued to look good at the plate getting on base 5 times overall on the day, while Braxton Davidson managed just one hit and is now hitting just .238 on the season.
Rome will continue its series at home against Savannah at 6:00