(9-13) Gwinnett Braves 15, (10-11) Toledo Mud Hens 1
- Todd Cunningham CF: 3-5, 2 R, 2 RBI, .310 BA
- Jose Peraza 2B: 2-5, R, .271 BA
- Cedric Hunter DH: 3-5, 2B, R, 3 RBI, .284 BA
- Barrett Kleinknecht 1B: 3-4, 2B, 2 R, 3 RBI, .237 BA
- Sugar Ray Marimon (1-0), SP: 6 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 SO, 0.69 ERA
- John Cornely RP: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 SO, 0.84 ERA
The Gwinnett Braves pounded out 19 hits on their way to a 15-1 route of the Toledo Mud Hens on Friday. The Braves banged around former Georgia Tech standout Buck Farmer for six runs in 5.1 innings and then blew the game open with an eight-run seventh inning. All nine players in Gwinnett's starting lineup recorded at least one hit with seven finishing with atleast two. Barrett Kleinknecht and Cedric Hunter drove in three runs each for the Braves. Sugar Ray Marimon pitched six strong innings allowing just three hits and a run. John Cornely pitched two more scoreless innings in relief to lower his ERA to 0.84.
(11-11) Montgomery Biscuits 11, (9-11) Mississippi Braves 1
- Daniel Castro SS: 2-4, RBI, .356 BA
- Kevin Ahrens DH: 2-4, .309 BA
- Matt Lipka LF: 1-3, .375 BA
- Mallex Smith CF: 0-4, 3 K, .302 BA
- Rio Ruiz 3B: 0-4, K, .203 BA
- Tyrell Jenkins (1-2) SP: 5.2 IP, 9 H, 9 R, 9 ER, 3 BB, 6 SO, 5.04 ERA
A tough day at the office for Mississippi's Tyrell Jenkins who was battered for nine hits and nine runs in 5.2 innings of a 11-1 loss to the Montgomery Biscuits Friday night. Jenkins gave up seven runs in the third with the big blow coming on a two-run double by Patrick Leonard. Blake Snell in his first start for Montgomery surrendered just one hit in six innings while striking out eight. Daniel Castro and Kevin Ahrens finished with two hits each for Mississippi with Castro accounting for the team's only run.
(9-10) Carolina Mudcats 1, (13-9) Fredrick Keys 0
- Dustin Peterson LF: 2-4, .262 BA
- Jacob Schrader DH: 2-4, HR, R, RBI, .311 BA
- Steve Janas (3-0) SP: 7 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 6 K, 0.72 ERA
- Tyler Jones (SV 4) RP: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 2 K, 0.00 ERA
A solo homerun by Jacob Schrader in the second inning accounted for the only run between Carolina Mudcats and the Fredrick Keys on Friday night. That was plenty for Mud Cats' starter Steve Janas who pitched seven scoreless innings while allowing three hits to go along with six strikeouts. Tyler Jones got the final four outs of the game to record his fourth save of the season.
(9-12) Rome Braves 3, (9-12) Kannapolis Intimidators 1
- Keith Curcio CF: 2-3, 2 R, 3B, RBI, BB, .373 BA
- Bryan De La Rosa C: 1-4, RBI, 2 K, .182 BA
- Braxton Davidson RF: 1-2, 2B, 2 BB, .224 BA
- Ozhaino Albies SS: 0-5, K, .256 BA
- Sean Furney (3-1) SP: 6.2 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 4 K, 2.92 ERA
Rome got another great start from Sean Furney in a 3-1 win over Kannapolis. Furney improved to 3-1 on the season after allowing one run and five hits in 6 2/3 innings. He struck out four and lowered is ERA on the season to 2.92. Keith Curcio stayed hot with a pair of hits including a triple. Bryan De La Rosa went 1-4 and drove in a run.