(16-17) Gwinnett Braves 2, (14-19) Syracuse Chiefs 1
- Eury Perez, LF-CF: 3-5, 3 1B, R, .288
- Jose Peraza, 2B: 1-3, 3B, RBI, SO, .305
- Adonis Garcia, 3B: 1-5, 1B, RBI, .359
- Manny Banuelos, SP: 1-2, 2B, R, .250; 5 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 3 BB, 4 SO, 2.89 ERA
- Bullpen: 3 pitchers 5 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 6 SO, 0 HR
Adonis Garcia was the walk-off hero for Gwinnett tonight as the Braves took the Chiefs into extras. There were runners on 1st and 3rd when Adonis Garcia knocked the game winning hit to drive in Eury Perez to win the game. Perez reached earlier on a bunt single. Jose Peraza scored the first run of the game for Gwinnett in the third by roping a triple to score Manny Banuelos from second. Banuelos tossed another great game for the Braves as he went five innings with just four hits and one run. In the past three starts, he has only given up two runs in 17 innings. He also has struck out 13 and walked 7 in the three games span. The bullpen head down the fort to prevent the visitors from scoring after the third inning.
(17-15) Mississippi Braves 8, (18-15) Mobile BayBears 5
- KD Kang, RF: 3-4, 2B, 2 R, RBI, BB, .247
- Chris O'Dowd, C: 3-4, 3 1B, RBI, R, BB, .400
- Matt Lipka, LF: 2-4, 2B, RBI, R, SO, .313
- Mallex Smith, CF: 1-2, 1B, BB, SO, .337
- Rio Ruiz, 3B: 0-4, R, BB, SO, .173
- Jake Brigham, SP: 5 IP, 12 H, 5 R, 0 BB, 4 SO, 4,96 ERA
- Tyler Jones, RP: 1 IP, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 SO, SV (1)
An offensively explosive game for both Mobile and Mississippi. The teams combined for 13 runs and 24 hits. KD Kang, Chris O'Dowd, and Matt Lipka tallied 8 of the 10 Braves hits. Lipka and Kang each connected with a double. This was Kang's strongest game this season as he only had four 2 base hit games this season. Mobile scored all of their runs first. One run came immediately in the game in the first, while two runs scored in each the third and fourth to lead the Braves 5-0. However, the Braves, obviously, fought back by scoring two runs in the bottom of the fourth and three runs in each the sixth and eighth innings. The bullpen gave some good support to Jake Brigham as Brigham surrendered all the runs and 12 of the 14 hits for the BayBears. Francisco Rondon picked up his first win of the season as he went 1.1 innings with just a hit and striking out two. Tyler Jones was also pinned for his first save of the season by striking out two in the ninth.
Carolina Mudcats vs Myrtle Beach Pelicans
Postponed to later date after the devastating bus accident that took place early Tuesday morning.
Off today. Will play tomorrow at Asheville for a four game series.
Rome: Max Povse; 1-1, 2.87 ERA, 4 GS, 15.2 IP, 7 R (5 ER), 4 BB, 11 SO
Asheville: Sam Howard; 1-3, 5.48 ERA, 5 GS, 23 IP, 16 R (14 ER), 5 BB, 24 SO; hails from Cartersville, GA and graduated from Georgia Southern.