(13-18) Syracuse Chiefs 5, (15-16) Gwinnett Braves 2
- Jose Peraza 2B: 2-4, RBI, SB, .306
- Daniel Castro SS: 3-4, .385
- Mycal Jones RF: 2-3, 2 R, 2B, 3B, BB, .250
- Chien-Ming Wang (0-4): 6 IP, 8 H, 4 ER, 2 BB, 2 SO, .5.70 ERA
The Gwinnett Braves couldn't come up with a timely hit finishing 2-for-13 with runners in scoring position in a 5-2 loss to Syracuse Monday night. Chien-Ming Wang allowed eight hits and four runs over six innings which were more than enough for Chiefs pitcher Scott McGregor to work with. McGregor allowed just one run over 6 2/3 innings to claim his third victory of the season. Jose Peraza added two more hits and his 13th stolen base of the season. Daniel Castro went 3-for-4 to raise his average to .385. Mycal Jones doubled and tripled and scored both of Gwinnett's runs on the evening.
(18-12) Mobile BayBears 6, (14-15) Mississippi Braves 1
- Mallex Smith CF: 1-3, BB, .326
- Seth Loman 1B: 1-1, R, .214
- KD Kang LF: 1-2, RBI, .229
- Rio Ruiz 3B: 0-3, .189
- Jason Hursh (0-3): 5.2 IP, 9 H, 5 ER, 3 BB, 2 SO, 8.56 ERA
Jason Hursh had another rough start for the Mississippi Braves in a 6-1 home loss to Mobile. Hursh allowed nine hits and five earned runs in 5 2/3 innings to drop to 0-3 on the season. His ERA now stands at 8.56 for the season. The Braves failed to generate much offense against Mobile's Brandon Sinnery who scattered three hits and a run over 7 1/3.
(19-12) Carolina Mud Cats 3, (16-16) Salem Red Sox 1
- Dustin Peterson LF: 2-4, 2 R, 2 SO, .314
- Jacob Schrader DH: 2-2, RBI, .333
- Jose Briceno C: 2-4, 2B, 2 SO, .182
- Blair Walters SP: 4 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, BB, 2.41 ERA
- Mauricio Cabrera (2-0): 3 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, BB, 4 SO, 1.54 ERA
The Carolina Mudcats stayed hot with a 3-1 win over the Salem Red Sox on Monday. Dustin Peterson, Jacob Schrader and Jose Briceno all finished with two hits each for Carolina. Mauricio Cabrera picked up his second win of the season while allowing two hits and one unearned run over three innings of work. The Mudcats have won two straight and eight of 10 to climb to within a half-game of first place in the Carolina League's southern division.
(14-16) Greensboro Grasshoppers 6, (13-17) Rome Braves 7
- Ozhaino Albies SS: 2-5, R, SO, .317
- Keith Curcio CF: 2-5, R, RBI, .352
- Jordan Edgerton 3B: 3-5, 2 R, .337
- Matt Tellor DH: 2-5, R, 2B, HR, 4 RBI, .250
- Braxton Davidson RF: 1-2, 3 BB, .225
Codey McElroy's walk-off single in the 10th delivered a 7-6 win for Rome over Greensboro Monday night. The Braves came out of the gates quickly and took a 6-2 lead after a third-inning grand slam by Matt Tellor. However, Rome's pitching couldn't sustain the lead allowing a single run in the fourth and three more in the ninth to force extras. Tellor also had a double and finished 2-5 on the evening.