(14-15) Gwinnett Braves 5, (9-21) Lehigh Valley IronPigs 1
- Eury Perez LF: 2-4, R, HR, RBI, BB, .279
- Adonis Garcia 3B: 2-5, 2B, RBI, .364
- Jose Peraza 2B: 1-5, R, BB, .292
- Greg Smith SP: 6 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 2 SO, 1.80 ERA
Adonis Garcia's one out double in the eighth inning scored Jose Peraza and put the Gwinnett Braves in front for good in a 5-1 victory over Lehigh Valley. Greg Smith allowed an unearned run in six innings while Mitchell Boggs picked up his first win of the season with a scoreless inning in relief. Eury Perez led off the game with his first home run of the season.
(14-13) Mississippi Braves 5, (17-12) Biloxi Shuckers 2 (10 Innings)
- Mallex Smith CF: 1-4, 2 R, BB, .329
- Emerson Landoni SS: 3-5, R, 2B, RBI, .286
- Chris O'Dowd C: 1-4, 2B, BB, .415
- Greg Ross SP: 5 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, BB, 4 SO, 4.91 ERA
Mississippi scored three times in the 10th inning to come away with a 5-2 win over Biloxi. The Braves took the lead on a bases loaded walk by Kevin Ahrens. Seth Loman followed and was hit by a pitch to force in another run. Mississippi scored their final run on an error by first baseman Nick Ramirez which allowed Emerson Landoni to score. Landori finished with three hits while Mallex Smith went 1-for-4 with his eighth stolen base.
(17-11) Carolina Mudcats 6, (15-14) Salem Red Sox 1 (Game 1)
- Dustin Peterson LF: 3-3, R, BB, .309
- Jacob Schrader DH: 3-4, 3 R, 2B, 3B, HR, 3 RBI, .333
- Sean Godfrey RF: 1-4, R, 2B, .292
- Carlos Franco 3B: 1-2, R, 2B, 2 RBI, .253
- Lucas Sims (2-3): 7 IP, 7 H, 1 ER, BB, 6 SO, 5.53 ERA
Jacob Schrader came a single shy of hitting for the cycle as the Carolina Mudcats defeat the Salem Red Sox 6-1 in Game 1 of a doubleheader. Schrader's three-run home run in the top of the first gave starter Lucas Sims all that he would need. Sims allowed seven hits and one run over seven innings. He finished with six strikeouts and lowered his ERA to 5.53. Dustin Peterson stayed hot going 3-for-3 and raising his average to .309.
(17-12) Carolina Mudcats 2, (16-14) Salem Red Sox 4 (Game 2)
- Dustin Peterson LF: 1-3, SO, .309
- Jose Briceno C: 1-3, R, SO, .164
- Connor Oliver CF: 1-3, R, RBI, .176
- Andrew Waszak (1-1): 3 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, SO, 3.86 ERA
- Caleb Dirks RP: 2 IP, 0 ER, BB, SO, 0.00 ERA
Carolina was unable to muster much offense in Game 2 falling to Salem by a score of 4-2. The Red Sox plated single runs in the second and the third before adding two more in the fourth. The Mudcats broke through in the fifth when Connor Oliver singled home Jose Briceno to break up the shutout. Connor Lien followed with an RBI single to score Oliver but that was it for Carolina on the evening.
(13-15) Greensboro Grasshoppers 8, (12-16) Rome Braves 5
- Ozhaino Albies SS: 1-4, R, RBI, BB, .301
- Omar Obregon 3B: 2-5, RBI, .306
- Tanner Krietemeier 1B: 2-4, R, 2B, RBI, .211
- Braxton Davidson RF: 0-4, SO, .214
- Brandon Barker (2-3): 5.1 IP, 8 H, 6 ER, 3 BB, 3 SO, 4.30 ERA
Rome's Brandon Barker got banged around for eight hits and six runs in an 8-5 loss to Greensboro Saturday night. Ozhaino Albies finished 1-4 with an RBI single while Tanner Krietemeier went 2-4 with a double. Joseph Daris added a pair of hits and also stole his sixth base of the season.