Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders 7, Gwinnett Braves 0
- Phil Gosselin, DH: 3-4, .351
- Todd Cunningham, CF: 2-4, BB, .277
- Christian Bethancourt, C: 1-4, .272
- Edward Salcedo, RF: 1-3, BB, .200
- Aaron Northcraft, SP: 5 IP, 6 H, 3 R(1 ER), 2 BB, 6 K, 6.66 ERA
Aaron Northcraft had his best start yet for Gwinnett, but unfortunately both his offense and his defense let him down. A pair of errors let in two unearned runs, and Gwinnett was unable to push across a single run. Phil Gosselin kept doing Phil Gosselin things, while Todd Cunningham reached base three times as well. Edward Salcedo reached twice and bumped his average up to the Mendoza line. Hooray?
Mississippi Braves 7, Tennessee Smokies 8
- Jose Peraza, 2B: 2-4, SB(14), .373
- Kyle Wren, CF: 1-5, .278
- Kyle Kubitza, 3B: 0-2, 2 BB, .301
- Myke Jones, RF: 1-4, 2B(17), .265
- Greg Ross, SP: 4.1 IP, 4 H, 5 R, 3 BB, 0 K, 2.37 ERA
- Brandon Cunniff, RP: 2.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 4 K, 1.80 ERA
Mississippi lost in 10 innings on a Tennessee walk off. Greg Ross turned in possibly his ugliest start of the year, allowing 5 runs on 4 hits and 3 walks in 4.1 innings without striking out a batter. On the bright side, Brandon Cunniff was excellent in relief of Ross, whiffing 4 across 2.2 scoreless innings. It was just another day at the office for Jose Peraza, who collected two singles and his 14th AA steal. Kyle Kubitza continued to impress with his eye, drawing a pair of walks in 4 plate appearances.
Salem Red Sox 10, Lynchburg Hillcats 0
- David Nick, LF: 1-4, .283
- Justin Bloxom, 1B: 1-3, BB, .260
- Cody Scarpetta, SP: 5 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 1 BB, 4 K, 3.29 ERA
- Brady Feigl, RP: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K, 4.50 ERA
Yikes. Lynchburg was three-hit en route to a 10-0 thrashing from Salem. Every Lynchburg pitcher was shelled, with the exception of Brady Feigl, who struck out the side in the ninth inning after the game was well out of hand. Feigl is a legit relief prospect, so that's a bright spot in an otherwise dismal game.
Rome Braves - Off
Burlington Royals 2, Danville Braves 1
- Joseph Daris, CF: 1-2, 2B(1), .227
- Tanner Murphy, DH: 2-4, .233
- Jordan Edgerton, 3B: 0-2, 2 BB, .320
- Andrew Waszak, SP: 6 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 1 BB, 4 K, 4.84 ERA
- Carlos Salazar, RP: 3 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 3 K, 1.93 ERA
Danville dropped a nail-biter against Burlington last night, losing 2-1. Jordan Edgerton reached base twice more via two walks, while Tanner Murphy put together a two-hit game. Outside of Murphy, the D-Brave only managed 4 hits. Andrew Waszak was solid on the mound, turning in a quality start with 4 punchouts. Carlos Salazar continued to right his ship in the Danville bullpen, throwing three hitless innings with two walks and three punchouts.
GCL Pirates 5, GCL Braves 3
- Braxton Davidson, LF: 2-3, 2B(4), BB, .224
- Dylan Manwaring, 3B: 2-4, 2B(2), .180
- Zach Stewart, SP: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K
Well, the GCL team's loss means every team in the organization lost last night, Ouch. The GCL Braves managed only 5 hits, with 4 of them coming from Braxton Davidson and Dylan Manwaring, who each notched a double and a single on the afternoon. Zach Stewart made a rehab appearance, tossing 2 scoreless innings with only a hit allowed. Apart from that, there wasn't much notable in yesterday's game.