Gwinnett Braves 9, Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs 8
- Jose Constanza, LF: 2-3, .279
- Todd Cunningham, CF: 2-5, 2B(10), RBI, SB(7), .311
- Joey Terdoslavich, 1B: 2-4, 2 2B(9,10), RBI, BB, .320
- Derrick Mitchell, RF: 3-4, 3 HR(1,2,3), 4 RBI, .196
- Tommy La Stella, 2B: 0-3, 2 BB, .292
- Gus Schlosser, SP: 4 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 1 BB, 5 K, 9.82 ERA
- Ryan Buchter, RP: 2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 3 K, 3.32 ERA
Gwinnett won an absolute thriller last night, knocking off the Iron Pigs 9-8. Little-used outfielder Derrick Mitchell had the game of his life (and probably the best hitting performance in Atlanta's MiLB system this year), smashing *three* home runs. His final homer came off of Lehigh Valley's closer and knotted the game at eight-all. Phil Gosselin followed that with a triple and scored the winning run on a double by Todd Cunningham. Joey Terdoslavich had a nice night, roping a pair of doubles and walking. Tommy La Stella is mired in a bit of a funk right now (2 for his last 17), but his patience is still paying off, as he reached base twice with a pair of walks. Ryan Buchter picked up the win in relief with two scoreless innings of work.
Mississippi Braves at Mobile Bay Bears
Mississippi's game in Mobile was rained out and will not be made up.
Lynchburg Hillcats 2, Wilmington Blue Rocks 3
- Kyle Wren, CF: 2-3, BB, K, SB(17), .261
- Will Skinner, 3B: 1-4, 3B, .200
- Eric Garcia, 1B: 1-2, BB, .263
- Greg Ross, SP: 5.2 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 3 BB, 7 K, 2.43 ERA
Lynchburg managed a measly 4 hits last night against the Blue Rocks, with half of those coming off the bat of Kyle Wren. Wren reached base three times with 2 singles and a walk. He also stole his 17th base of the year. With 17 steals and only 2 CS, Wren is rocking a stellar 89% success rate...that'll play. Greg Ross tossed a dandy of a game, allowing only 1 run on 4 hits across 5-plus frames. He also punched out 7 men on the night and was in line for the win until Matt Chaffee blew the save.
Charleston River Dogs 9, Rome Braves 2
- Seth Moranda, 2B: 2-5, .375
- Victor Caratini, C: 1-4, 2B, .295
- Connor Oliver, CF: 1-4, BB, .292
- Carlos Salazar, SP: 3.1 IP, 4 H, 6 R, 6 BB, 3 K, 11.16 ERA
- Andy Otero, RP: 2.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K, 0.00 ERA
*looks at Carlos Salazar's line*
*looks at Carlos Salazar's line again*
*jumps out window*
Yeah, all around pitiful game from Rome last night. Salazar's line speaks for itself and at this point you can't help but wonder if he's hurt. No noteworthy offensive performances tonight either. To say that Rome is kinda rough right now would be an understatement. Wins and losses don't mean anything in the minors, but Rome currently has a worse winning percentage than the Astros. Yeah.
Scroll back up and look at Gwinnett's lines again. Maybe it'll get the taste of Rome out of your mouth.