Gwinnett Braves 1, Norfolk Tides 0
- Jordan Schafer, CF: 1-5, 2B
- Alden Carrithers, LF: 2-4, SB(9), .301
- Stefan Gartrell, DH: 1-1, 3 BB, .277
- Omar Poveda, SP: 6 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 4 BB, 6 K, 3.33 ERA
- Ryan Buchter, RP: 2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 3 K, 3.51 ERA
- Wirfin Obispo, RP: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K, 3.48 ERA
Gwinnett won a pitcher's duel behind Omar Poveda, who went 6 shutout innings last night. Poveda allowed 9 baserunners, and had to do some wiggling to get out of trouble, but 6 strikeouts helped him escape the jam. Ryan Buchter and Wirfin Obispo added 3 hitless innings of relief to secure the win. Stefan Gartrell had a great line, going 1-1 and drawing a whopping 3 walks. Jordan Schafer continued his rehab, going 1-5 with a line-drive double.
Jackson Generals 5, Mississippi Braves 6
- Robby Hefflinger, LF: 2-4, HR(6), BB, .205
- Myke Jones, CF: 2-3, HR(3), BB, .258
- Tommy La Stella, 2B: 2-4, BB, .340
- Aaron Northcraft, SP: 7 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 1 BB, 6 K, 3.20 ERA
Mississippi walked-off against the Generals last night in 10 innings when Robby Hefflinger hit a game-winning RBI single. Heff also hit his 6th AA home run earlier in the game as well. Myke Jones continued his good work leading off for Mississippi, going 2-3 with a walk and his 3rd home run of the year. Tommy La Stella picked up where left out, going 2-4 the day after his hitting streak came to an end.
Lynchburg Hillcats 5, Winston-Salem Dash 3
- David Rohm, RF: 3-4, 2B, .292
- Josh Elander, LF: 2-4, 2B, .218
- Elmer Reyes, SS: 1-4, HR(4), .275
- Ryan Hinson, SP: 6 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 1 BB, 9 K, 2.25 ERA
Lynchburg beat the Dash 5-3 last night, thanks in large part to Elmer Reyes. Reyes had only 1 hit, but made it count, belting a 3-run home run. Ryan Hinson, the Braves' recent signee out of the Independent Leagues, had another good start, striking out 9 in 6 innings of work en route to his second win. Josh Elander, who's been struggling to adjust to High-A so far, went 2-4 with a double.
Augusta Green Jackets 7, Rome Braves 6
- Ross Heffley, 2B: 3-4, 2 2B, .222
- Jose Peraza, SS: 2-4, BB, .275
- Felix Marte, RF: 2-4, 3B, SB(6), .242
- Jason Hursh, SP: 4 IP, 7 H, 6 R(2 ER), 2 BB 1 K, 0.82 ERA
Jason Hursh took his first loss as a professional last night, as his defense let him down in a big way. Hursh gave up 6 runs (only 2 earned) in 4 innings of work, but only managed to strike out 1 batter. Felix Marte had a good night at the plate, with a single, a triple and a stolen base. Ross Heffley added in a single and two doubles.
Danville Braves 9, Burlington Royals 2
- Victor Caratini, 3B: 1-3, 2B, BB, .307
- Mikey Reynolds, 2B: 2-6, .328
- Victor Reyes, LF: 3-6, 2B, .364
- Johan Camargo, SS: 3-6, 2B, .305
- Andry Ubiery, SP: 6 IP, 4 H, 2 R(1 ER), 1 BB, 7 K, 3.00 ERA
Danville posted a season-high 17 hits last night en route to a 9-2 thumping of Burlington. Victor Reyes, playing in his second game with Danville, was 3-6 with a double. Johan Camargo also chipped in with 3 hits, while Mikey Reynolds and Victor Caratini each reached twice as well. Andry Ubiera turned in an excellent start, allowing only 1 earned run over 6 innings while whiffing 7.
GCL Braves 4, GCL Pirates 3
- Ibrahim McKenzie, 1B: 2-5, .209
- Connor Oliver, CF: 1-4, 2B, BB, .183
- Tanner Murphy, C: 0-1, 2 BB, .189
- Oriel Caicedo, SP: 5.2 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 4 K, 1.86 ERA
The GCL Braves snuck past the Pirates last night despite only 5 hits. Oriel Caicedo tosses 5.2 strong innings, allowing only 1 run on 4 hits. 2013 4th round pick Tanner Murphy flashed his eye, drawing a pair of walks, while center fielder Connor Oliver reached twice as well with a walk and a double.