Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs 3, Gwinnett Braves 1
- Brandon Boggs, RF: 1-2, 2B, 2 BB, .243
- Phil Gosselin, 2B: 1-3, BB, .273
- David Hale, SP: 6 IP, 7 H, 3 R(2 ER), 1 BB, 1 K, 2.99 ERA
Gwinnett's offense didn't show up last night, as they mustered only 5 hits against the Iron Pigs, with one of those coming off the bat of pitcher David Hale. Right fielder Brandon Boggs did reach 3 times with a double and two walks, while Phil Gosselin - elevated to the 3 spot in the lineup - went 1-3 with a walk. David Hale only struck out 1 man but had a solid start otherwise through 6 innings.
Jackson Generals 0, Mississippi Braves 4
- Christian Bethancourt, C: 4-4, 2 HR(9,10), .288
- Jose Martinez, RF: 2-3, 2B, HR(6), .288
- Ian Thomas, SP: 7 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 9 K, 2.62 ERA
All of Mississippi's offense came from Christian Bethancourt and Jose Martinez last night, as they collected all of the M-Braves's 6 hits. Bethancourt had probably the best single game of his minor league career, going 4-4 at the plate with 2 home runs. Jose Martinez chipped in two hits as well, hitting a double and a home run of his own. On the pitching side, Ian Thomas had arguably *his* best start of his career, throwing 7 innings of 2-hit ball with no walks and a whopping 9 strikeouts. He lowered his season ERA to a dazzling 2.62 in the process. A banner night for two of Atlanta's top 20 prospects.
Winston-Salem Dash 4, Lynchburg Hillcats 5
- Elmer Reyes, SS: 2-4, 2B, .284
- Matt Lipka, CF: 1-3, 3 SB(24,25,26), .264
- Levi Hyams, DH: 1-4, 2 SB(2,3), .167
- David Rohm, RF: 1-3, BB, .293
- Williams Perez, SP: 7 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 BB, 5 K, 1.89 ERA
Despite only 6 hits, Lynchburg used their wheels to eke out a win over the Dash last night. Matt Lipka stole 3 bases while Levi Hyams swiped a pair to lead the charge. David Rohm and Elmer Reyes each reached base twice as well. Williams Perez had a good start, allowing 2 runs across 7 innings while striking out 5 for his 5th win of the year.
Rome Braves 0, Charleston River Dogs 1
- Eric Garcia, 3B: 3-4, SB(3), .274
- Jose Peraza, SS: 1-3, SB(53), .281
- Kyle Wren, CF: 1-4, .319
- Felix Marte, RF: 2-4, 3B, .244
- Frank Lafreniere, SP: 6 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 3 BB, 4 K, 5.70 ERA
Rome notched 10 hits last night but wasn't able to push a single run across. Eric Garcia had a 3-hit night and stole his 3rd base of the year, while Jose Peraza went 1-3 and swiped his 53rd. Felix Marte continued his good work from yesterday, going 2-4 with a triple. Frank Lafreniere was the tough-luck loser, allowing only 1 run in 6 innings of work. He walked 3 and struck out 4.