- Phil Gosselin 3B: 1-4, HR (4), R
- Joey Terdoslavich 1B: 1-4
- Todd Cunningham CF: 1-4
- Elmer Reyes SS: 2-4, R
- Edward Salcedo RF: 1-3, 2B (14), R, CS (4)
- Brandon Boggs PH: 1-1
- Yunesky Maya: 5IP, 9H, 5ER, BB, 6K
- Ryan Buchter: IP, 0H, 0ER, BB, 2K
- Atahualpa Severino: IP, 0H, 0ER, 0BB, 2K
I traveled to the other side of town Tuesday to watch the G-Braves take on Durham (I know I said Raleigh in the 'cap yesterday, I'm an idiot, that's where I was writing from). It was a breezy, 96 degree, night which saw very little to actually recap, aside from the first and last innings. Gwinnett tried to to rally late, but fell short, taking a 5-3 loss.
Phil Gosselin hit an absolute bomb in the top of the first, going what I would estimate was a solid 420 ft., just to the left of center. Even aside from the homer, I came away impressed. He ripped a ball to short and just got under a fastball in his final at-bat, making solid contact on both occasions. On defense, he really only had one notable chance, a slow roller which he scooped up barehanded, but couldn't get a good enough grip to made a strong accurate throw. Terdoslavich and Cunningham each hit a couple balls hard, resulting in one hit a piece. Edward Salcedo, again in right field, only had one routine play, but he did double in the 9th and proceeded to come around to score on a Brandon Boggs pinch-hit single.
Yunesky Maya got the start, throwing a variety of pitches over a 105 pitch performance. He gave up five runs, surrendering two long balls. Ryan Butcher came in in relief and showed his inconsistent habits, struggling to find the zone on every other batter. With that said, his fastball and curveball combo is quite solid when he can locate it. They'll continue the series tomorrow in Durham.
- Daniel Carroll LF: 1-4, BB, SB (11,12)
- Jose Martinez DH: 1-2, 2BB, SB (2)
- Will Skinner RF: 1-4, 2B (23), R, OF assist
- Tyler Tewell C: 1-4, HR (5), R
- Blake Brown CF: 2-4, 2B (2)
- Cody Scarpetta: 3IP, 6H, 0ER, 5BB, 3K
- David Peterson 2IP, 3H, 0ER, 0BB, 4K
- Johan Camargo SS: 2-4, BB, 2R
- Carlos Franco 3B: 2-4, R
- Victor Caratini DH: 2-4, 2 3B (3,4), R
- Connor Oliver RF: 1-3, HR (2), R, HBP
- Steve Janas: 5.1IP, 4H, 3ER, 3BB, 2K
- Michael Swanner: 2.2IP, H, 0ER, BB, 2K
Danville Braves - Off Day
The D-Braves will return home tonight as 2014 draftee Max Povse toes the rubber in his first start.
- Kelvin Estevez RF: 2-5, R, 2 SB (1,2)
- Braxton Davidson DH: 0-5, R
- Luke Dykstra 2B: 3-5, R, SB (2)
- Dylan Manwaring 3B: 1-4, 2B (1), R
- Jose Pina LF: 4-5, 2 2B (1,2), OF assist
- Joseph David CF: 2-4
- Carlos Perez: IP, 0H, 0ER, BB, K
- Francisco Gonzalez: 3.2IP, 7H, 4ER, 4BB, 3K
- Abraham Espinosa: 3IP, 5H, ER, 0BB, K
*The header for each team takes you to that game's box score. The "stats" link will take you to individual player stats.