Gwinnett Braves 3, Charlotte Knights 2
- Todd Cunningham CF: 1-5
- Alden Carrithers DH: 2-4, 2B (14)
- Evan Gattis C: 2-4, 2 2B (3)
- Brandon Boggs RF: 2-4, 2B (13), R
- Tyler Greene SS: 2-4, HR (4), 2B (13), R
- Cody Martin: 5.1IP, 2H, 0ER, BB, 3K
- Joe Beimel: 1.1IP, 0H, 0ER, 0BB, 2K
- Wirfin Obispo: IP, 3H, 2ER, 0BB, K
Evan Gattis made his first appearance with Gwinnett in Triple-A Saturday. He went 2-for-4, doubling in his first two plate appearances. No matter the results in these next couple of games, it is good for him to see regular time and hopefully start seeing the ball better. Although he might not see important time as a starter, he will be a big part of the Braves bench heading into the postseason. Anyway, the rest of the lineup brought the bats too, collecting 10 hits, seven of those going for extra-base hits. SS Tyler Greene had two of them, going deep and doubling for the 13th time this season. On the mound, Cody Martin had an impressive start, going 5.1 innings, only surrendering two hits all night. The soon-to-be 24-year-old has a 137:58 strikeout-to-walk in 136.2 innings this season across all levels.
Mississippi Braves 3, Jacksonville Suns 5
- Christian Bethancourt C: 1-4
- Tommy La Stella 2B: 2-4, 2B (21)
- Jose Martinez RF: 1-3, BB, R
- Jaime Pedroza SS: 2-4, 2B (14), R
- Aaron Northcraft: 4.2IP, 5H, 2ER, 3BB, 7K
- Juan Jamie: IP, H, ER, BB, 2K
- Mark Lamm: IP, H, ER, 2BB, 0K
Mississippi had a 3-0 lead Saturday, but lost the third game of the series to Jacksonville, 5-3. Even with the loss, Mississippi remains the leaders for the wildcard spot and could lock up the playoff spot with a win and a Pensacola loss Sunday. Starter Aaron Northcraft only went 4.2 innings, giving up three runs on five hits with three walks and seven punch outs. In 137 innings, he has a 121:51 strikeout-to-walk, holding opponents to a .241 average. At the plate, Tommy La Stella led the offense with a two hit game, knocking his 21st double in Double-A. Jamie Pedroza followed up his big game last night, going 2-for-4 with a double and a run scored.
Lynchburg Hillcats 0, Salem Red Sox 1 (suspended – 4th)
Saturday’s game was suspended due to rain and will be completed today.
Rome Braves 3, Charleston RiverDogs 7
- Jose Peraza DH: 0-4
- Eric Garcia SS: 1-4, 2B (14), R
- Joey Meneses LF: 2-3, 2B (21), R
- Casey Kalenkosky C: 2-3, HR (7), R
- Rafael Briceno: 4.1IP, 7H, 4ER, 3BB, 5K
- Richie Tate: 2IP, H, ER, 2BB, 3K
- Jeremy Fitzgerald: 1.2IP, 0H, 0ER, 0BB, 2K
Rome dug themselves an early hole that they could escape, losing 7-3 Saturday in front of a crowd of over 4,000. Starter Rafael Briceno gave up five runs in the first and six overall raising his ERA to 6.44. Jeremy Fitzgerald threw 1.2 hitless innings, striking out two and lowering his ERA with Rome to 2.88 in 25 innings. At the plate, Casey Kalenkosky was the headliner with his seventh home run of the season, also adding a single. Joey Meneses also had a multi-hit game with a double, single and run scored. The 21-year-old now has a .350 OBP in his last 10 games.