Gwinnett Braves, Norfolk Tide (PPD – Rain)
This game will be made up as part of a doubleheader August 5 in Norfolk.
Mobile BayBears 6, Mississippi Braves 1
- Mycal Jones CF: 3-5, 2B (11) – (.224/.311/.304)
- Christian Bethancourt C: 0-4, BB, R – (.253/.284/.368)
- Edward Salcedo 3B: 0-4 – (.268/.334/.433)
- Jose Martinez RF: 2-5 – (..301/.358/.391)
- Robby Hefflinger LF: 2-4, 2B (1), SB (1) – (.133/.133/.200)
- Omar Luna 2B: 3-4, 2B (6) – (.209/.248/.261)
- Gus Schlosser: 6IP, 6H, ER, 2BB, K (95.1 IP, 2.36 ERA, 73K/29BB)
- Andrew Russell: IP, 3H, ER, BB, 2K (28.2 IP, 2.83 ERA, 21K/10BB)
- Juan Jamie: 0.2IP, 3H, 4ER, 2BB, K (26 IP, 3.81 ERA, 45K/17BB)
Mississippi fell to Mobile late after Juan Jamie gave up four runs in the 8th to break a 1-1 tie. Mississippi was facing an uphill battle from the beginning, squaring off against 20-year-old Archie Bradley, Baseball America’s #25 prospect at the beginning of 2013. Robby Hefflinger came through for his first two hits with Mississippi including a ground rule double. He also added a stolen base. Mycal Jones and Jose Martinez each had multi-hit nights. Christian Bethancourt just can’t stop walking these days; he added one last night and now has six, 6!, in his past 10 games. Gus Schlosser had another solid start, giving up one run over six innings. The 24-year-old has now given up two earned runs or less in every one of his past 14 starts.
Lynchburg Hillcats, Carolina Mudcats (PPD – Rain)
This game will be made up during the next series at Carolina; tomorrow's game will be played as scheduled.
Rome Braves 2, Charleston RiverDogs 4
- Kyle Wren CF: 1-4 – (.364/.462/.500)
- Jose Preaza SS: 1-3, BB – (.266/.330/.346)
- Carlos Franco 3B: 1-4, E (21) – (.231/.309/.287)
- Tyler Tewell 1-4, 3B (1), R – (.228/.284/.364)
- Chris Edmondson LF: 2-4, 2B (2), R – (.190/.190/.286)
- Williams Perez: 7IP, 7H, 2ER, BB, 5K (66 IP, 3.82 ERA, 56K/15BB)
- Robert Fish: 0.2IP, 0H, ER, BB, 3K (14 IP, 6.43 ERA 21K/7BB)
- Shae Simmons: 0.1IP, 2H, 0ER, 0BB, 0K (32 IP 1.97 ERA, 52K/12BB)
Rome took a 4-2 loss to Charleston Tuesday night. In case you didn't already know, now would probably be a good time to mention that Alex Rodriguez played in this game, I guess he’s kind of a big deal. He went 0-2, hitting into a double play and striking out. Now that that’s over with, Jose Peraza reached base twice with a single and a walk. The 19-year-old has been great as of recent. In his past ten games he has a .426 OBP, drawing eight walks in his past eight games. He is also 10-for-10 in stolen base attempts (including four Monday night). Williams Perez had a fine outing, going seven innings giving up two runs on seven hits. Both runs came via the home run, but he was able to limit the damage other wise, inducing 12 ground balls (including three double plays), with one fly out. The 22-year-old has a very impressive K:BB at 56:15 to go along with a 1.85 GO/AO.
Danville Braves - Off