- Tood Cunningham Cf 2-4 2B(2), K, .228 Avg
- Joey Terdoslavich RF 2-4 RBI(16), CS(2), .330 Avg
- Ernesto Mejia 1B 2-4 2B(5), BB, .286 Avg
- Omar Poveda 7IP 3H 2R 5BB 6K 1.93 ERA
The Braves controlled this one all the way until the 7th inning when Poveda gave up the tying run on a bases loaded walk. Poveda pitched a nice game, but his walks were his undoing. Joey Terdoslavich knocked in the Braves first run on a single following a double from Cunningham. Cunningham's double was just his third extra base hit of the season. His strikeout rate has also jumped in AAA after striking out just 10% of the time at AA he is up to 17% in Gwinnett.
Mississippi Braves 4, Huntsville Stars 1 - 7 Innings
- Christian Marrero 1B 1-2 HR(3), RBI(12), 2 BB, K, .264 Avg
- Edward Salcedo 3B 1-3, 2B(4), 2 RBI(11), BB, SB(4), .259 Avg
- Gus Schlosser 6IP 4H 1R 3BB 7K 4.84ERA
Gus Schlosser put in an excellent start holding the Stars to just one run through six innings. In his last two starts he has a line of 12 IP 5H 1R 4BB and 12K. His heavy sinker helps him keep the ball on the ground which has resulted in a 2.92 ground ball rate (including two double plays today). Salcedo's bat has begun to stir in the past few games with five extra base hits in his last six games including all four of his double this season.
Mississippi Braves 5, Huntsville Stars 0 - Makeup from 4/28 - 8 Innings
- Dan Brewer LF 2-4 RBI(4), SB(6) CS(1), .262 Avg
- Jose Martinez RF 2-4, 2B(4), 2 RBI(13), .317 Avg
- Mycal Jones CF 2-3, 2 SB(9), .194 Avg
- Cody Martin 4IP 4H 0R 0BB 5K 3.66 ERA
- Pat Egan 2IP 0H 0R 0BB 5K 1.38 ERA
The Braves take the makeup game after scoring five runs in the top of the 8th inning on six hits. Cody Martin shut down the Stars offense for four innings and the Braves bullpen pitched four innings allowing just one hit to go along with eight strikeouts. With this win the Braves take a half game lead over Jacksonville for first place in the Southern Division.
Winston-Salem Dash 3, Lynchburg Hillcats 6
- Tommy La Stella DH 0-2 2BB, .000 Avg
- William Beckwith 1B 1-4, 2B(5), RBI(17), .278 Avg
- Robby Hefflinger LF 1-4, HR(8), 2 RBI(18), .318 Avg
- Kyle Kubitza 3B 1-4, 2B (9), K, .269 Avg
- David Rohm RF 1-4, 2B(10), RBI(15), .355 Avg
- AJ Holland 7IP 7H 1R 4BB 2K 3.38 ERA
Lynchburg is already sporting what is probably the most prolific offense in the Carolina League and they got Tommy La Stella back today. Robby Hefflinger hit his league leading eighth home run. He is currently first in homers, second in RBI, third in OPS, and second in SLG. David Rohm is fourth in OPS, second in batting average and OBP and he is tied for the league lead in doubles.
Rome 1, Greensboro Grasshoppers 0 - Game 1, 10 Innings
- Jose Peraza SS 3-5, RBI(4), CS(3), .263 Avg
- Brian McCann C 0-4, K, .273 Avg
- Williams Perez 6IP 4H 0R 0B 3K 3.08 ERA
Williams Perez pitched his longest and best outing of the season, shutting down the Grasshoppers for six strong innings. Perez hasn't been dominant so far this season, but the sum of his parts has equalled into a nice season thus far. He doesn't walk many guys and he does a good job of keeping the ball on the ground. Brian McCann started out with a bang in Rome but put a zero on the board tonight. Hopefully a couple more games in Rome will be enough to knock the rust off.
Rome 9, Greensboro Grasshoppers 6 - Game 2, 7 Innings
- Ronald Luna SS 3-5 2B(3), RBI(3), K, CS(3), .286 Avg
- Levi Hyams 2B 1-4 3B(1), RBI(5), K, .304 Avg
- Josh Elander LF 0-2 2BB, .309 Avg
- Carlos Franco 3B 2-3 HR(1), 3 RBI(13), BB, SB(6), CS(1), .232 Avg
- Tyler Tewell DH 3-4 HR(1), 3 RBI(6), SB(2), .281 Avg
Rome's offense exploded in the second game of the day with Ronald Luna setting the table for the offense behind a three hit day. Between the two games Braves shortstops combined to go 6-10. Tyler Tewell and Carlos Franco both went yard for the first time this season. Franco has started to turn his offense around recently with a .324 Avg in his last 10 games with a .910 OPS. His power has been minimal so far but he has walked seven time vs just eight strikeouts during the last ten games to go along with five stolen bases. His biggest problem this season has been against left handers, against whom he is hitless in eight at bats.