Norfolk Tides 3, Gwinnett Braves 2
- Jose Constanza LF 2-4, 2B(2), CS(2), .163 AVG
- Tyler Pastornicky 2B 1-4, 2B(6), .390 AVG
- Ernesto Mejia 1B 2-4, 2B(4), 2 RBI(17), K, .354 AVG
- David Hale 6.2IP 8H 3R 0ER 2BB 2K 5.51 ERA
David Hale pitched a solid 6+ innings but was spoiled by poor defense. He allowed his three runs in three different innings with three errors accounting for an unearned run in each frame. Tyler Pastornicky increased his hitting streak to nine games but saw his average drop to .390. It must be tough. Ernesto Mejia currently leads the lead in home runs, extra base hits, total bases, RBI and is third in OPS.
Jackson Generals 2, Mississippi Braves 3
Through three games started Alex wood has thrown 16 innings, allowing ten hits, two runs and two walks while striking out 17. The 22 year old has flat out dominated the competition thus far and just further solidifies Atlanta's impressive pitching depth. The Braves earned a walk off win in this one after Dan Brewer walked to lead off the ninth and eventually scored on a Jaime Pedroza double. Pedroza scored on a single from Philip Gosselin
Lynchburg Hillcats 7, Frederick Keys 1
- Matt Lipka CF 2-5 2B(3), 3B(2), 2 RBI(8), 2 K, .216 AVG
- Will Skinner RF 2-3 2B(2), HR(2), RBI(5), BB, K, .172 AVG
- A.J. Holland 5IP 2H 1R 0ER 2BB 7K 3.68 ERA
AJ Holland gave up a run in the first inning but the Hillcats scored three in the third and never looked back. Matt Lipka and Will Skinner both filled up the boxscore and had what hopefully will end up being slump busting games for them. The Hillcats did manage to strikeout 15 times in the game, with opposing starter Tim Berry notching 13 in just six innings of work.
Rome Braves 1, Charleston RiverDogs 4
- Jose Peraza SS 1-4 SB(5), E(8), .244 AVG
- Felix Marte RF 2-4 2K, .194 AVG
- Williams Perez 5.1IP 6H 2R 1BB 4K 4.11 ERA
- Lucas Sims 1.2IP 1H 2R 2BB 1K 8.59 ERA
If Jose Peraza's bat plays up a little more I could see him easily stealing 50-60 bases this season, soley based on the fact that he steals a base just about every time he is standing on one. Frighteningly he has amassed eight errors in just 11 games played so far. Don't let that fool you though as nearly every scout cites his defense as his best tool. From the looks of it the Braves are slowly stretching Lucas Sims out, which is unfortunate because I am really excited to see what he can do. Hopefully they will add him to the rotation soon.