Norfolk Tides 4, Gwinnett Braves 3
- Tyler Pastornicky 2B 2-4, .400 AVG
- Joey Terdoslavich RF 2-4 2B(4), K, .278 AVG
- Jordan Parraz DH 1-3 HR(3), 2 RBI(7), .175 AVG
- Sean Gilmartin 7IP 5H 1R 3BB 1K
Sean Gilmartin pitched a very Sean Gilmartin kind of game in that he succeeded while striking out very few (read: one) and going deep into the game. He was opposed by former Braves pitcher Jair Jurrjens who went six innings whille allowing just three runs. The Braves took the lead early with hits from Pastornicky and Terdoslavich plating one followed by a two run homer from Jordan Parraz. Jurrjens and the Tides bullpen settled down after the first inning which would come back to haunt them. Dusty Hughes came in in the ninth and immediately gave up a ground rule double and was immediately pulled for Wirfrin Obispo who proceeded to allow three runs to score leaving them trailing 4-3. They would go 1-2-3 in the ninth and fall 4-3.
Jackson Generals 1, Mississippi Braves 2
- Phillip Gosselin 2B 2-4 2B(3), .209 AVG
- Christian Marrero DH 1-3, 2B(5), RBI, BB, K, .257 AVG
- J.R. Graham 6IP 6H 1R 2BB 7K 4.09 ERA
The Mississippi Braves didn't muster much offense behind J.R. Graham but he didn't need much tonight. He worked out of jams in the fifth and sixth innings with runners in scoring position and allowed a lone run in the fourth. Mycal Jones knocked in the winning run on a sac fly in the seventh that put the Braves up for good.
Lynchburg Hillcats 5, Frederick Keys 6
- Matt Lipka CF 1-4 2 RBI(6), .196 AVG
- William Beckwith 1B 2-4 HR(3), RBI(10), K, E(4), .279 AVG
- David Rohm LF 1-4 K, .361 AVG
- Navery Moore 4.2IP 7H 5R 3BB 2K 9.49 ERA
Committing four errors and surrendering seven walks is never a recipe for success yet the Hillcats still managed to keep the score within one run. William Beckwith had two of the team's five hits and the Hillcats only had men reach base in the fourth (Beckwith's homer) and the fifth (they scored four runs). Every other inning they went three up and three down. Navery Moore has now given up 13 runs in 12 innings of work this season with just six strikeouts.
Rome Braves 3, Charleston RiverDogs 0
- Jose Peraza SS 2-4, 2 SB(4), K, .243 AVG
- Josh Elander LF 3-4 2 2B(4), RBI(9), .373 AVG
- Mauricio Cabrera 6IP 1H 0R 3BB 6K 2.43 ERA
- Jeremy Fitzgerald 2 IP 1H 0R 1 BB 3K 0.00 ERA
After a rocky first start of the season Mauricio Cabrera has now thrown 11 innings while allowing just one run and striking out seven. He does have 11 walks in 13.2 total innings pitched, but his early success is encouraging. Josh Elander continues to rake with five extra base hits in his last 29 at bats. At 22 years old the Braves could push him quickly if his bat continues to play at a high level.