Norfolk Tides 4, Gwinnett Braves 5 - Final 11 Innings
- Tyler Pastornicky 2B 2-6, 2 RBI(7), K, .392 AVG
- Joey Terdoslavich RF 2-5 2B, RBI(9), .260 AVG
- Ernesto Mejia 1B 2-4 2B(3), HR(7),2 RBI(14), BB, K, .333 AVG
Gwinnett starter Daniel Rodriguez lasted 4.2 innings while giving up three runs on three hits and four walks but the bullpen held down the fort going 6.1 innings allowing one run on just four hits allowed. The offense put together a station to station rally in the bottom of the 11th when pinch hitter Scott Kazmar singled to start the inning, moved to second on a sac bunt and then to third on a groundout before coming home on a Tyler Pastornicky single. Alden Carrithers also went 1-3 with a double to lower his average to .421 but also extend his hitting streak to six games.
Jackson Generals 1, Mississippi Braves 0
- Christian Bethancourt C 1-3 CS(1), .296 AVG
- Edward Salcedo 3B 1-3 BB, K, PO, .278 AVG
- Aaron Northcraft 7 IP 2H 1R 3BB 6K 3.71 ERA
Aaron Northcraft made one mistake to the nine hole hitter and that was enough to cost him the game as the offense could muster very little against super prospect Tajuan Walker. The Braves had men in scoring position in four different innings - including men on 2nd and 3rd with one out in the 6th and 7th innings - but failed to capitalize on any opportunities.
Lynchburg Hillcats 4, Frederick Keys 6
- William Beckwith 1B 1-5 2B(3), 4K, E(3), .256 AVG
- Robby Hefflinger LF 1-4 2B, RBI(10), K, .275 AVG
- Elmer Reyes SS 2-4 2 RBI(6), .440 AVG
The Keys touched up David Peterson for four runs in the fourth inning and added two more in the sixth to keep the Hillcats out of striking distance even after two runs in the ninth. As a team, the Hillcats racked up 13 strikeouts, seven of which came from William Beckwith and Matt Lipka. In limited playing time Elmer Reyes has put up a .440 average with no walks or strikeouts. I wonder which will come first?
Rome Braves 2, Charleston RiverDogs 12
- Jose Peraza DH-SS 1-5 .212 AVG
- Josh Elander LF 0-3 BB, K, .340 AVG
- Edison Sanchez 1B 2-4 2B(3), .323 AVG
The Braves managed just four hits in this one while surrendering twelve runs on the same amount of hits. Josh Elander's hitting streak came to an end though he did reach base on a walk. Bryam Garcia worked two innings and was the only Rome pitcher to not allow a run to the RiverDogs.