Gwinnett Braves 0, Durham Bulls 1
- Jack Wilson, SS: 1-3, 2B, .212
- Ernesto Mejia, 1B: 1-4, .307
- Yohan Flande, SP: 6 IP, 5 H, 1 R (0 ER), 4 BB, 7 K, 3.96 ERA
Gwinnett's offense laid an egg last night, putting up just 4 hits without scoring a run against the Durham Bulls and pitcher Chris Archer. Jack Wilson went 1-3 with a double, but is hitting just .212/.250/.273 across 8 rehab games. Meh. Ernesto Mejia managed a hit as well. Yohan Flande didn't allow an earned run, but two errors from the G-Braves' defense let in the games only run. Flande threw 6 innings, allowing 5 hits and 4 walks while striking out 7.
Miguel Batista will make his second G-Braves start this evening.
Mississippi Braves 3, Montgomery Biscuits 8
- Joey Terdoslavich, DH: 2-3, HR(3), .310
- Joe Leonard, 1B: 1-3, R, BB, .270
- Alden Carrithers, SS: 2-3, 2B, RBI, BB, .270
- Zeke Spruill, SP: 1.2 IP, 4 H, 7 R (2 ER), 2 BB, 1 K, 3.96 ERA
- Mark Lamm, RP: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K, 3.77 ERA
Zeke Spruill had a very rough outing against Montgomery last night - his defense let him down and he was never able to recompose himself. Spruill threw only 1.2 innings, giving up 7 runs (but only 2 earned runs) on 4 hits and 2 walks. Expect Zeke to bounce back next time out. Mississippi's offense was led by Joey Terdoslavich, who was 2-3 with his 3rd homer since joining the M-Braves. Joe Leonard and Alden Carrithers were the only other M-Braves to reach base multiple times. Carrithers had a fine night at the plate, singling, doubling, and drawing a walk.
Brent Leach takes the ball for Mississippi tonight.
Frederick Keys 5, Lynchburg Hillcats 4
- Myke Jones, CF: 3-5, 2 2B, HR(2), 2 RBI, .264
- Chris Garcia, DH: 1-3, 2B, RBI, BB, .303
- Dan Brewer, LF: 1-3, R, RBI, BB, .267
- Dimasther Delgado, SP: 7 IP, 8 H, 3 R (2 ER), 1 BB, 5 K, 3.68 ERA
Myke Jones accounted for most of the Hillcats offense last night as the Hillcats lost a close game to the Keys. Jones was on fire, going 3-5 with two doubles and his second home run of the year. Jones drove in half of the Hillcats' runs on the evening. Jones is finally showing signs of turning his season around, having hit .297/.357/.459 over his last 10 games. Chris Garcia continued his hot hitting going 1-3 with an RBI double and a walk. Dimasther Delgado had a very solid start, allowing only 2 earned runs in 7 innings. Delgado gave up 8 hits and 1 walk while striking out 5.
Gus Schlosser looks for his 12th win of the year today against the Carolina Mudcats.
Augusta GreenJackets 2, Rome Braves 10
- Robby Hefflinger, LF: 2-4, 2 HR(6,7), 5 RBI, BB, .268
- William Beckwith, 1B: 2-4, 2B, 2 R, 2 RBI, BB, .307
- Elmer Reyes, SS: 2-5, 2B, 2 R, 2 RBI, .263
- Fernando De Los Santos, 2B: 3-4, R, RBI, .240
- Greg Ross, SP: 7 IP, 10 H, 2 R, 1 BB, 5 K, 4.89 ERA
Greg Ross managed to allow double-digit hits but somehow escaped 7 innings with only 2 runs allowed. Ross walked one and whiffed 5 en route to his 4th win of the year. He was backed by Robby Hefflinger, who had a monster game. Hefflinger hit a pair of homers on the night, account for 5 of the 10 R-Braves' runs by himself. The homers were the 6th and 7th on the year for Hefflinger. William Beckwith reached three times, walking, singling, and doubling in 5 PAs. Beckwith scored twice and drove in a pair. Elmer Reyes had a 2 run, 2 RBI game as well, going 2-5 with a double out of the #2 spot in the lineup.
Alex Wood starts today for Rome.
Bristol White Sox @ Danville Braves - Postponed.
The game should be made up today as part of a doubleheader.
GCL Tigers 1, GCL Braves 3
- Fernelys Sanchez, RF: 1-3, HR(1), 2 RBI, .178
- Eric Garcia, SS: 1-1, 2B, BB, .300
- Conner Lien, DH: 1-3, RBI, SB(8), .255
- Andy Ubiera, SP: 5 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 6 K, 4.11 ERA
Andy Uberia picked up his first win for the GCL Braves this season, tossing 5 innings of 1 run ball against the GCL Tigers. Ubiera only allowed 5 hits and 1 walk while striking out 6. Conner Lien was 1-3 with an RBI single and his 8th steal of the year, while Fernlys Sanchez provided the big blow. Sanchez hit his first professional homer, a 2-run shot to give the GCL Braves their final margin of victory. Eric Garcia was the only Brave to reach base twice, doubling and walking in 2 PAs.
The GCL Braves take on the GCL Yankees this afternoon.