Gwinnett Braves 13, Durham Bulls 10 - 11 innings
- Luis Durango, CF: 4-6, 2 2B, RBI, R, .292
- Rusty Ryal, 3B: 4-6, 2B, 2 R, 2 RBI, SB(2),.317
- Josh Kroeger, RF: 3-6, HR(11), 2B, 2 R, 2 RBI, BB, .275
- Stefan Gartrell, DH: 2-5, HR(20), 3 RBI, 2 R, BB, .262
- Julio Teheran, SP: 2.2 IP, 9 H, 7 R, 1 BB, 2 K, 5.48 ERA
Julio Teheran imploded Sunday, putting the G-Braves in a 7-3 hole before he was yanked in the 3rd. After hurling a gem his last time out, Teheran allowed more hits than outs, giving up 7 runs on 9 hits in 2.2 innings. He walked one and struck out two in was has to be a frustrating game for him, failing to capitalize off of his good start from earlier this week. Gwinnett's offense would bail him out though, banging out 13 runs on an astounding 23 hits across 11 innings. Luis Durango and Rusty Ryal each led the hit parade by collecting 4 apiece. Josh Kroeger was a triple shy of the cycle, hitting his 11th home run of the year to go with a double, single, and a walk. Stefan Gartrell hit a 2-out, 3-run bomb of his own in the 8th inning to knot the score at 10 and force extras. For Gartrell, it was his 20th homer on the year.
Gwinnett opens a series with Norfolk today, probables TBA.
Huntsville Stars 4, Mississippi Braves 3
- Phil Gosselin, 2B: 2-4, 2B, .248
- Jaime Perdoza, SS: 1-4, HR(3), .209
- Joey Terdoslavich, 1B: 1-2, 2 BB, .313
- Jose Lugo, SP: 7 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 8 K, 3.14 ERA
Gwinnett came back with a 4 run 8th inning, and Mississippi lost because of one. Leading the whole way, the M-Braves' pen coughed up 4 in the 8th to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. It was a shame, because the meltdown ruined Jose Lugo's best start of the year. Lugo worked 7 innings of 1 hit ball, walking only 2 while striking out 8 men. Jaime Perdoza hit his 3rd run of the year to key Mississippi's offense. Phil Gosselin was the only M-Brave to record a multi-hit game, going 2-4 with a double, while Joey Terdoslavich reached 3 times on a single and 2 walks. "Terdo" has really flashed his on-base tool of late, drawing 6 walks over his last 10 games (to only 6 strikeouts).
David Hale takes on the Stars today.
Lynchburg Hillcats 3, Wilmington Blue Rocks 2
- Adam Milligan, LF: 2-4, HR(13), 2B, .249
- David Rohm, RF: 1-3, RBI, BB, SB(2), .241
- Braeden Schlehuber, C: 1-4, 3B, 2 R, .284
- Gus Schlosser, SP: 5 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 1 BB, 7 K, 3.09 ERA
Lynchburg avoided a sweep with a 9th inning run yesterday. Gus Schlosser started, going 5 innings while allowing 2 runs on 3 hits. He walked one and struck out 7 men. Schlosser could have gone deeper into the game, but his innings are being monitored since it's late in the year. Adam Milligan continues to show off impressive power, doubling and hitting his 13th homer of the year. In his last 10 games, Milligan has 14 hits, 6 of which have gone for extra bases. David Rohm added an RBI single, a walk, and stole his 2nd base of the year, while catcher Braeden Schlehuber chipped in with a triple and a run scored.
Lynchburg plays Winston-Salem today, probables TBA.
Rome Braves vs. Lexington Legends - Postponed.
Bluefield Blue Jays 4, Danville Braves 5 - Game 1
- Levi Hyams, 2B: 3-4, R, RBI, .236
- Josh Elander, C: 1-3, 3B, 2 RBI, .284
- Jose Pereza, DH: 2-3, R, BB, SB(11), .258
- Ernesto Silva, SP: 5 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 1 BB, 1 K, 4.11 ERA
- Carlos Franco, 3B: 1-2, 2B, R, BB, .284
- Troy Snitker, C: 0-2, RBI, R, BB, .273
- Kurt Fleming, LF: 1-2, .260
- Rafael Briceno, SP: 4 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 1 BB, 8 K, 6.68 ERA
Danville split a doubleheader with the Blue Jays yesterday, winning game one but falling in game two. The first game saw Ernesto Silva turn in a disappointing start, allowing 4 runs in 5 innings. The Danville offense picked him up however, scoring 5 times. Levi Hyams had a big day with 3 hits, a run, and an RBI. Jose Pereza reached 3 imes as well and swiped his 11th base of the season. Josh Elander, once again, was responsible for the big blow: a 2-RBI triple. For Elander, it was his only hit of the game, but he has really been showing off his power of late. In the nightcap, Rafael Briceno gave up 3 runs in 4 innings. Despite the ugly run total, Briceno struck out a whopping 8 men. Danville only managed two hits in game two - a single by Kurt Fleming and a double from Carlos Franco.
GCL Braves - Off