Gwinnett Braves - Off
Gwinnett opens a series with the Bulls in Durham today. Probables have not yet been announced.
Mississippi Braves 1, Montgomery Biscuits 7
- Keenan Wiley, CF: 2-4, .259
- Joe Leonard, 3B: 1-3, 2B, R, BB, .269
- Alden Carrithers, 2B: 1-2, 2B, BB
- Gary Moran, SP: 6.2 IP, 10 H, 7 R(3 ER), 0 BB, 7 K, 3.13 ERA
Gary Moran had a bizarre start as Mississippi dropped last night's game to the Biscuits 7-1. Moran posted a sterling 7/0 K/BB ration but was very hittable, allowing 10 hits across 6.2 innings pitched. He allowed 7 runs, but only 3 were earned thanks to a pair of erroros. Joe Leonard scored Mississippi's only run, going 1-3 with a double and a walk. Keenan Wiley was the only M-Braves to record a multi-hit game, going 2-4.
Zeke Spruill takes the mound against the Biscuits today.
Frederick Keys 7, Lynchburg Hillcats 1
- Nick Ahmed, SS: 1-4, 2B, R, .272
- Chris Garcia, 1B: 1-3, 2B, BB, .303
- Myke Jones, CF: 1-4, .257
- Aaron Northcraft, SP: 6 IP, 3 H, 3 R (0 ER), 2 BB, 8 K, 3.72 ERA
The Hillcats were complete shut down by Dylan Bundy and the Keys last night, who allowed only 3 hits across the entire game. Nick Ahmed, Chris Garcia, and Myke Jones were the only ones to collect hits, with Ahmed and Garcia doubling. Aaron Northcraft had a strong start, allowing 0 earned runs across 6 innings. He only allowed 3 hits and 2 walks while striking out 8. Over his last 10 starts, spanning 60.1 IP, Northcraft has allowed only 1 home run while posting a sterling 72/15 K/BB ratio. Over that span, opponents have hit just .235 against him, and he is posting a 2.15 groundout/flyout ratio.
Dimasther Delgado squares off against the Keys tonight.
Augusta GreenJackets 6, Rome Braves 7
- Will Skinner, RF: 2-4, 2B, 2 R, BB, .252
- Brandon Drury, 3B: 2-5, .226
- Tony Mueller, CF: 2-4, BB, R, 2 RBI, .265
- Fabian Williamson, SP: 4 IP, 6 H, 5 R (2 ER), 5 BB, 0 K, 3.86 ERA
Fabian Williamson had a rough start against the Green Jackets, allowing 5 runs (2 earned) across 4 innings. He walked 5 men and didn't strike out a batter. Given that he allowed 11 baserunners, he was probably lucky to get off allowing what he did. Behind 3 perfect innings from John Cornely, the R-Braves came back to force extras, winning it in 10 when Ryan Query singled home Will Skinner. Skinner had a solid night, going 2-4 with a 10th inning double and a walk as well. Brandon Drury notched another multi-hit game. Over his last 10 games, Drury has 13 hits and 2 walks. Tony Mueller reached base 3 times as well
Greg Ross takes the ball for Rome tonight.
Bristol White Sox 4, Danville Braves 5
- Jose Pereza, SS: 2-4, R, 3 RBI, SB(7), .269
- Carlos Franco, 3B: 2-4, RBI, SB(5), .295
- Blake Brown CF: 1-2, 2 R, BB, SB(6), .212
- Williams Perez, SP: 6 IP, 8 H, 2 R, 0 BB, 5 K, 3.96 ERA
Danville won a wild game yesterday behind the speed of Jose Pereza. Pereza went 2-4, beating out an infield single for one of his hits, and stealing a base. The swipe was already Pereza's 7th in 13 games with Danville. Pereza also scored once and drove in 3 of the D-Braves' 5 runs. Carlos Franco had a pair of singles and an RBI, and stole his 5th base of the year. Blake Brown continued to turn his season around, going 1-2 with a walk and a steal. Over his last 10 games, Brown is hitting .294 with an OBP of .368.
Danville takes on the B-White Sox again today, probables TBA.
GCL Braves @ GCL Tigers - Suspended.