Charlotte Knights @ Gwinnett Braves - Suspended
Mississippi Braves 3, Mobile BayBears 2
- Phil Gosselin, 2B: 2-3, BB, .252
- Joe Leonard, 3B: 2-4, 2 2B, RBI, R, .273
- Joey Terdoslavich, 1B: 1-4, RBI, .297
- Zeke Spruill, SP: 7 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 4 BB, 5 K, 3.65 ERA, 2-3 batting
- Cory Rasmus, RP: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K, 4.01 ERA
Zeke Spruill did it all for Mississippi tonight, throwing 7 innings of 2 run ball and going 2-3 at the plate. On the mound, Spruill was effectively wild, issuing 4 walks but only allowing 2 hits. He struck out 5 on the night as well. Cory Rasmus locked down the win, throwing 2 innings of 1 hit ball with 2 punchouts to end the game. Joe Leonard had a nice day, knocking a pair doubles, scoring once, and driving a man in. Phil Gosselin reached base 3 times today, including his 35th walk in 79 games. Despite a .252 average, Gosselin is still OBPing .335.
Mississippi opens a series with the Jackson Generals tomorrow, probables TBA.
Winston-Salem Dash 2, Lynchburg Hillcats 3 - 13 Innings
- Nick Ahmed, SS: 2-6, 2B, .264
- Adam Milligan, LF: 2-6, 2B, HR(7), 2 RBI, .245
- Bobby Stevens, 3B: 2-5, 2B, R, .264
- Chris Masters, SP: 6 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 5 K, 4.50 ERA
- Ryne Harper, RP: 3.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 5 K, 0.63 ERA
Lynchburg won a wild game against the Dash in walkoff fashion tonight. Down 2-0 in the 8th, Adam Milligan started the fireworks with a game-tying 2 run jack, his 7th of the year. The score remained tied till the 13th when David Rohm
walked off with an RBI single. Chris Masters kept the game scoreless through 6, turning in his best start of the year. Masters only allowed 2 hits and a walk through 6 while striking out 5. Ryne Harper did equally good work in extras, throwing 3.2 innings of 2-hit ball.
Aaron Northcraft goes for his 8th win of the year tomorrow against Wilmington.
Kannapolis Intimidators 4, Rome Braves 7
- William Beckwith, 1B: 2-4, 2B, HR(8), 2 RBI, .300
- Chase Anselment, RF: 2-4, R, .263
- Elmer Reyes, SS: 2-2, BB, R, .257
- Brandon Drury, 3B: 1-4, 2 R, .205
- Ryan Weber, SP: 7 IP, 9 H, 2 R, 1 BB, 3 K, 4.70 ERA
Ryan Weber came up strong tonight for the R-Braves as they beat Kannapolis again. Weber got the start for Rome and allowed only 2 runs across 7 innings. He was hittable however, allowing 9 on the evening, but managed to wriggle out of jams despite few strikeouts. William Beckwith provided some offense with a double and his 8th homer of the year, driving in 2 and bumping his average up to a nice round .300. Chase Anselment and Elmer Reyes had 2 hit days as well, while Brandon Drury continued his hitting going 1-4.
David Filak takes on Greenville tomorrow.
Burlington Royals 1, Danville Braves 8
- Casey Kalenkosky, 1B: 2-4, 2B, HR(1), 2 RBI, .241
- Edison Sanchez, LF: 2-4, HR(3), 2 R, .273
- Josh Elander, C: 1-4, HR(1), 2 RBI, .342
- Felix Marte, RF: 2-4, 2B, 2 RBI, .432
- Carlos Franco, 3B: 2-4, 2B, R, .273
- Ernesto Silva, SP: 7 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 3 K, 1.89 ERA
Danville's offense just keeps right on clicking, and tonight they had the power bats working, connecting for 3 doubles and 3 homers off the Burlington Royals. Casey Kalenkosky and Josh Elander each hit their first homers of their professional careers, while Edison Sanchez chipped in his 3rd of the young season. Felix Marte also kept his absurd hot streak going, rapping out a pair of hits - including a double - and raising his average up to .432. The offensive explosion backed a great start from Ernesto Silva, who allowed only 1 run in 7 innings.
Danville opens a series with the Bluefield Blue Jays tomorrow, probables TBA.
- Jackson Laumann, 1B: 2-4, 2B, R, .306
- Justin Black, CF: 2-4, 2B, R, SB(1), .143
- Tyler Tewell, DH: 1-4, RBI, .182
- Peter Moylan, SP: 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K, 0.00 ERA
- Shae Simmons, RP: 2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 K, 0.00 ERA
The GCL Braves were the only Braves affiliate to lose tonight, dropping a game to the GCL Phillies 6-4. Peter Moylan started the game for his 2nd rehab appearance, and went 1 scoreless inning, allowing only a bloop hit while striking out a man. Jackson Laumann and Justin Black were the only Braves to notch multiple hits, as they each singled, doubled, and scored. Black added a steal, his first of the year.
The GCL Braves are off tomorrow.