Gwinnett Braves 3, Charlotte Knights 4
- Stefan Gartrell, DH: 2-4, HR(17), 2 RBI, .269
- Ernesto Mejia, 1B: 2-4, .309
- Josh Wilson, SS: 2-4, 2B, R, .249
- Sean Gilmartin, SP: 7 IP, 5 H, 4 R (3 ER), 3 BB, 4 K, 3.86 ERA
Sean Gilmartin made his AAA debut last night, and while it wasn't too pretty, it was still a quality start for the Braves 1st rounder. Gilmartin went 7 innings allowing 3 earned runs on 5 hits and 3 walks. Gilmartin struck out 4 over the 98 pitch outing, but took the tough loss. Stefan Gartrell went 2-4 with his 17th homer of the year, accounting for almost all of the Gwinnett offense by himself. Ernesto Mejia and Josh Wilson both posted 2-hit days as well.
Randall Delgado will make his second AAA start tonight.
Mississippi Braves 14, Montgomery Biscuits 5
- Phil Gosselin, 2B: 4-5, HR(2), 3 RBI, 3 R, .253
- Todd Cunningham, CF: 3-5, 2B, 3 R, 3 RBI, .326
- Evan Gattis, LF: 2-5, 2B, R, .296
- Joey Terdoslavich, 1B: 1-5, 3B, 4 RBI, .305
- Joe Leonard, 3B: 1-2, HR(7), 3 BB, 4 R, .266
- David Hale, SP: 5 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 4 K, 4.28 ERA
Mississippi's offense exploded yesterday to back a good start by David Hale. Hale pitched 5 innings of 1 run ball, allowing 5 hits and 2 walks while whiffing 4. Mississippi's offense was the story of this game though, pounding out 14 runs. The offense was paced by Phil Gosselin, who went 4-5 with his 2nd homer of the year. Gosselin drove in 3 and scored three times as well. Todd Cunningham notched 3 runs and 3 RBI as well as part of a 3 hit day. Joe Leonard also went deep, his 7th of the year, and drew 3 walks. Evan Gattis was 2-5 with a double.
J.R. Graham goes today against the Biscuits.
Lynchburg Hillcats - Off.
Augusta Green Jackets 0, Rome Braves 6
- Chase Anselment, RF: 1-4, HR(5), 2 RBI, .223
- Brandon Drury, 3B: 1-4, 2 RBI, .220
- Kyle Kubitza, 3B: 1-3, BB, R, RBI, .233
- A.J. Holland, SP: 5 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 0 K, 4.76 ERA
- David Filak, RP: 4 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 5 K, 5.22 ERA
A.J. Holland and David Filak had a split start last night for Rome and made the most of it, shutting out the Green Jackets over 9 innings. Holland went the first 5, allowing only 3 hits and a walk. He didn't strike out a batter, but still managed to notch his 2nd win of the year. Filak came in 6th and finished it up in dominant fashion. He didn't allow a hit over the final 4 innings while striking out 5 men. His lone blemish was a single walk. Chase Anselment provided the fireworks with a 2-run homer, while Brandon Drury chipped in with a 2-RBI day as well.
David Starn pitches for Rome today against Augusta.
Pulaski Mariners 2, Danville Braves 3 (11 innings)
- Trenton Moses, 3B: 3-4, 2B, HR(3), .321
- Blake Brown, CF: 1-4, R, BB, 2 SB(4,5), .204
- Jose Pereza, SS: 1-6, RBI, .244
- Mauricio Cabrera, SP: 5 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 1 BB, 2 K, 2.95 ERA
Danville won tonight in walk-off fashion thanks to the heroics of Jose Pereza and Blake Brown. Brown drew a walk with one out in the 11th and promptly stole 2nd, his 2nd swipe of the evening. After moving to third on a groundout, Jose Pereza brought him home with a clutch 2-out RBI single to end the game. For Brown, he went 1-4 with a walk and 2 steals, while Pereza's only hit of the night was his last one. Trenton Moses was most of the D-Braves' offense, going 3-4 with his 3rd homer and a double as well. Mauricio Cabrera started this game for Danville and allowed 2 runs in 5 innings. Cabrera only managed 2 strikeouts, but only allowed 5 baserunners.
Danville plays Pulaski again today, starters TBA
GCL Blue Jays 8, GCL Braves 1
- Mike Dodig, 3B: 2-4, HR(1), .163
- Chase Larsson, RF: 0-0, 2 BB, .000
- Luis Merejo, SP: 1.1 IP, 2 H, 4 R, 3 BB, 2 K, 5.18 ERA