Charlotte Knights 2, Gwinnett Braves 3 - 12 Innings
- Tyler Pastornicky, 2B: 3-6, 2B, RBI, .273
- Ernesto Mejia, 1B: 1-4, HR(16), .299
- Christian Marrero, DH: 1-4, HR(4), .246
- Yohan Flande, SP: 8 IP, 4 H, 2 R (1 ER), 0 BB, 3 K, 3.59 ERA
- Jaye Chapman, RP: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K, 3.23 ERA
After snapping their 15 game losing streak in walkoff fashion last night, the G-Braves made it two walkoffs in a row tonight. In the bottom of the 12th, Luis Durango
led off with a single, and was sacrificed to 2nd by Jose Constanza. A wild pitch moved him to third, and Tyler Pastornicky drove him in with a bouncing ball on the infield. Though he didn't get the win, the walkoff backed a stellar start by Yohan Flande, who went 8 strong innings, allowing only 1 earned run on 4 hits. He only struck out 3, but had his breaking stuff working, coaxing 17 groundouts to only 3 flyouts. Other than Pastornicky, Gwinnett's offense came from a pair of solo homers from Ernesto Mejia and Christian Marrero.
Julio Teheran tries to bounceback from his last start tomorrow against Charlotte.
Mississippi Braves 2, Mobile BayBears 6
- Joe Leonard, 3B: 1-4, HR(4), .270
- Gary Moran, SP: 5.1 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 3 BB, 3 K, 2.97 ERA, 1-2 batting
Mississippi got 3 hit by the BayBears tonight. Joe Leonard provided the big blast with his 4th homer of the year, while Todd Cunningham
and pitcher Gary Moran recorded the other two. Moran had an OK start, going 5.1 innings and allowing 2 runs. He allowed 6 hits and 3 walks while striking out 3 and took his 7th loss of the year, despite a very respectable 2.97 ERA.
Mississippi takes on Mobile again tomorrow, probables TBA.
Winston-Salem Dash 5, Lynchburg Hillcats 4 - Game 1
- Adam Milligan, DH: 2-4, 2 R, .239
- Matt Weaver, 3B: 2-3, 2B, RBI, .252
- Bobby Stevens, LF: 1-4, 2B, R, OF Assist, .265
- J.R. Graham, SP: 6 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 1 BB, 3 K, 2.82 ERA
Winston-Salem Dash 2, Lynchburg Hillcats 5 - Game 2
- Adam Milligan, DH: 1-3, HR(6), .241
- Myke Jones, CF: 1-2, R, RBI, BB, SB(12), .263
- Nick Ahmed, SS: 1-3, SB(22), .262
- Cody Martin, SP: 5 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 8 K, 3.31 ERA
Lynchburg split a doubleheader with the Winston-Salem Dash today. J.R.Graham wasn't on his 'A' game today, allowing 4 runs in 6 innings on 6 hits and a walk. Cody Martin had a much better start in the nightcap, winning his 8th game of the year. Martin only went 4 innings, but allowed a mere 1 run on 4 hits while striking out a whopping 8 men. Adam Milligan powered the offense in both games going 2-4 in the first game and hitting his 6th homer of the year in the 2nd. Nick Ahmed stole his team-leading 22nd base on the year.
Chris Masters tries again for his first win tomorrow.
Kannapolis Intimidators 4, Rome Braves 6
- Ross Heffley, 2B: 3-5, 2 2B, 3 R, RBI, .279
- Will Skinner, RF: 2-4, 2 RBI, R, OF Assist, .265
- Robby Hefflinger, LF: 2-3, R, RBI, BB, .248
- Brandon Drury, 3B: 2-3, 2B, .204
- Jarrett Miller, SP: 5 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 4 BB, 8 K, 3.82 ERA
Jarrett Miller won his 5th game of the year tonight for Rome, allowing just 1 run over 5 innings despite allowing 9 baserunners. Miller had his strikeout stuff working tonight, whiffing 8 men over those 5 innings. Since he began starting, Miller has struck out 19 men over 15 innings. Ross Heffley had a big day at the plate, banging out 2 doubles as part of a 3 hit day. Heffley drove in a run and scored all 3 times he reached base as well, upping his average to .279. Brandon Drury had another multi-hit game, going 2-3 with a double. Drury, who has been terrible this year, seems to be turning a corner. Over Drury's last 10 games, he's posted a slash line of .355/.389/.419 - hopefully he can keep it up.
Ryan Weber starts tomorrow for the R-Braves.
Burlington Royals 13, Danville Braves 5
- Levi Hyams, 2B: 2-5, 2B, R, .244
- Josh Elander, DH: 2-4, BB, R, .353
- Felix Marte, RF: 3-4, R, .425
- Rafael Briceno, SP: 2 IP, 8 H, 6 R, 1 BB, 1 K, 6.45 ERA
- Williams Perez, RP: 3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 5 K, 3.00 ERA
- Clint Wright, RP: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K, 0.00 ERA
Rafael Briceno imploded tonight, allowing 6 runs on 8 hits and a walk in only 2 innings. Williams Perez was spectacular behind him in long relief however, allowing only 1 hit and 1 walk in 3 innings and striking out 5 men. Clint Wright made his first appearance for Danville, striking out the side in a perfect inning. Felix Marte had another 3 hit game tonight, and has 17 hits in his last 10 games. Josh Elander rapped out a pair of hits and drew a walk as well. In his first 10 games, Elander has hit .353 with a 5/5 BB/K ratio, good for a .439 OBP.
Danville takes on Burlington again tomorrow, probables TBA.
- Jackson Laumann, 1B: 1-3, HR(1), .281
- Carlos Sanchez, C: 2-4, .286
- Jose Pereza, SS: 1-3, R, SB(8), .333
- Cody Livesay, CF: 2-3, R, BB, SB(1), .400
- Lucas Sims, SP: 3 IP, 2 H, 2 R (1 ER), 1 BB, 3 K, 3.00 ERA
Lucas Sims made his 2nd professional start tonight, and while he wasn't perfect like he was in his first, he still pitched well. Sims went 3 innings, allowing 1 earned run on 2 hits and a walk while punching out 3. Jackson Laumann, Atlanta's 31st round pick last year, hit his first homer of the season. Jose Pereza stole his 8th base of the season tonight and is a perfect 8-8 on the year in attempts. Last year, the young shortstop stole 28 bases in 66 games, and appears to be well on his way to breaking that pace.
The GCL Braves take on the GCL Phillies again tomorrow, probables TBA.