Charlotte Knights 5, Gwinnett Braves 3
- Jose Constanza, CF: 3-5, R, .304
- Tyler Pastornicky, SS: 2-5, .254
- J.C. Boscan, C: 1-4, 2B, 2 RBI, .196
- Eric Junge, SP: 7 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 5 K, 4.84 ERA
- Adam Russell, RP: 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K, 6.82 ERA
Eric Junge pitched a strong game for the G-Braves allowing only 1 run on 5 baserunners across 7 innings. He stuck out 5, and was in line to snap Gwinnett's long losing streak, but Cory Gearrin
imploded, allowing 4 runs and taking the loss, Gwinnett's 15th in a row. Jose Constanza had a three-single day for the G-Braves, while Tyler Pastornicky chipped in a pair. J.C. Boscan had a 2-RBI double in the 9th, but it wasn't enough to come back.
Chattanooga Lookouts 8, Mississippi Braves 5
- Phil Gosselin, 2B: 1-4, R, RBI, BB, .256
- Keenan Wiley, RF: 1-4, R, RBI, BB, .273
- Christian Bethancourt, C: 1-4, 3B, 3 RBI, .257
- Sean Gilmartin, SP: 6 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 2 BB, 4 K, 3.64 ERA
- Ryan Buchter, RP: 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K, 1.27 ERA
Sean Gilmartin was not at his sharpest tonight, allowing 4 runs on 7 hits and 2 walks over 6 innings to the Lookouts. Gilmartin did manage to strike out 4 men and get 8 groundouts to only 2 flyouts, however. Mississippi, despite 5 runs, was only able to manage 5 hits. Phil Gosselin and Keenan Wiley posted identical lines, going 1-4 with a run, RBI, and walk. Christian Bethancourt had the big hit for the M-Braves with a bases loaded triple. The triple was, startlingly, only Bethancourt's 4th extra base hit of the year.
Luis Avilan goes tomorrow as Mississippi opens a series with the Mobile Bay Bears.
Lynchburg Hillcats 1, Wilmington Blue Rocks 0
- Nick Ahmed, SS: 2-4, .265
- Edward Salcedo, DH: 1-4, 2 SB(14,15), .257
- Braeden Schlehuber, C: 1-4, 2B, .287
- Gus Schlosser, SP: 6 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 6 K, 3.68 ERA
- Matt Chaffee, RP: 2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 3 K, 3.56 ERA
Lynchburg won a wild one, scoring the only run of the night in the top of the 9th inning on a sacrifice fly. Gus Schlosser pitched a gem against Wilmington, allowing only 4 hits across 6 innings while striking our a half-dozen. Matt Chaffee picked up the win in relief of Schlosser by throwing 2 hitless innings. Hillcat pitching limited Blue Rocks' hitters to only 5 baserunners all evening. Nick Ahmed was the only Hillcat to notch a multi-hit game, going 2-4 on the day. Edward Salcedo went 1-4 on the day, but stole his 14th and 15th bases of the year.
J.R. Graham looks for his 9th win of the year tomorrow.
Kannapolis Intimidators 3, Rome Braves 6
- Kyle Kubitza, 3B: 2-4, 2B, 2 RBI, .259
- Ross Heffley 2B: 2-4, 2 R, RBI, .235
- Ryan Query, C: 2-4, 2B, R, RBI, .187
- Alex Wood, SP: 3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K, 0.00 ERA
Alex Wood made his 2nd pro start today and threw more shutout ball. Wood went 3 innings (up from 2 his first start) and allowed only 1 hit while striking out 1. Kyle Kubitza collected a pair of hits, including a double, out of the three hole, and over the last 10 games, Kubitza is hitting .297/.357/.405. Ross Heffley had a pair of hits as well, scoring a pair of runs and driving in one. Ryan Query, Rome's light hitting catcher, had himself a day as well, singling, doubling, and driving in a run.
Greg Ross goes tomorrow for the R-Braves.
Danville Braves 4, Greenville Astros 13
- Aris Alcantara, DH: 2-4, R, SB(3), .294
- Troy Snitker, C: 4-4, 3 2B, R, 2 RBI, .500
- Eduardo Castillo, SP: 4 IP, 9 H, 8 R, 1 BB, 1 K, 10.67 ERA
- Matt Talley, RP: 2 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 2 K, 2.25 ERA
Danville got blown up today by the Astros' rookie ball team, as Eduardo Castillo imploded, giving up 8 runs in 4 innings on 9 hits. Castillo was bitten by the long ball, allowing 3 homers in his 4 innings of work. Troy Snitker, son of Braves' 3rd base coach Brian Snitker, had himself a perfect day at the plate, going 4-4 with 3 doubles, a run, and 2 RBI. Aris Alcantara, Danville's 1B/DH, went two for four and swiped his third base of the young season.
Danville plays the Burlington Royals tomorrow, probables TBA
- Seth Moranda, 3B: 2-3, 2B, R, 2 RBI, BB, .217
- Conner Lien, RF: 1-3, 2 R, RBI, 2 BB, 2 SB(3,4), .261
- Joey Meneses, LF: 1-5, 2 R, RBI, .237
- Peter Moylan, SP: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K, 0.00 ERA
- Clint Wright, RP: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K, 0.00 ERA
Despite a high scoring affair, the GCL Braves only managed 8 hits in a close loss to the GCL Yankees. Seth Moranda went 2 for 3 with a single, double, walk, and 2 RBI. Conner Lien hit 2nd today, reaching base 3 times, stealing 2 bases, and scoring twice. The big story from the GCL however was Peter Moylan, who threw his first game today. Moylan started and needed only 9 pitches to get 2 groundouts and a strikeout in a perfect inning.
GCL Braves are off tomorrow.