Jose Lugo had a good start tonight for Gwinnett, Lynchburg swept a doubleheader behind a complete game from Aaron Northcraft and some good hitting from Edward Salcedo, and Rome won behind a monster night from Fernando De Los Santos.
Gwinnett Braves 5, Pawtucket Red Sox 4
- Luis Durango, CF: 2-3, 2 RBI, 2 BB, .270
- Ernesto Mejia, DH: 1-4, HR(10), .314
- Lance Zawadzki, 2B: 2-4, 2 2B, 2 R, .244
- Jose Yepez, C: 1-3, HR(1), BB, .247
- Jose Lugo, SP: 6 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 3 K, 3.58 ERA
Gwinnett beat Pawtucket today behind a real solid start from Jose Lugo. Lugo went 6 innings, allowing only 6 hits and 1 walk while striking out 3. The only run he allowed came on a solo homer in the 6th inning to Ryan Kalish
. Cory Gearrin
finally proved he was mortal, allowing a pair of runs before recording his 7th save of the year. Gwinnett's offense was powered by a pair of solo homers from Ernesto Mejia and catcher Jose Yepez. It was Mejia's 10th jack of the year, and Yepez's first. Lance Zawadzki, Drew Sutton's
replacement at 2nd base, had a pair of doubles today and scored twice as well. Luis Durango had a phenomenal day at the top of the lineup, reaching base 4 times and driving in a pair.
Eric Junge takes the mound tomorrow for Gwinnett against the Paw Sox.
Mississippi Braves 4, Tennessee Smokies 6
- Keenan Wiley, RF: 2-4, BB, .264
- Ian Gac, 1B: 1-3, HR(7), BB, 2 R, .236
- Joe Leonard, 3B: 1-4, RBI, .252
- Luis Avilan, SP: 5 IP, 4 H, 4 R (3 ER), 4 BB, 3 K, 3.40 ERA. 2-2 batting, R, RBI
Luis Avilan had a better game with the bat today than he did from the mound. Avilan was 2-2 from the dish today, scoring one and driving in one. On the mound, Avilan was anything but sharp, giving up 3 earned runs over 5 innings. Avilan was pretty wild, walking 4 men and allowing 4 hits as well. Ian Gac hit his 7th homer of the year for the M-Braves, while Joe Leonard chipped in with an RBI single as well. Keenan Wiley had a two hit day leading off for Mississippi, and also took a walk as well.
Sean Gilmartin goes for his 5th win of the year tomorrow against Tennessee.
Frederick Keys 2, Lynchburg Hillcats 3 - Game 1
- Tommy La Stella, 2B: 1-3, R, .259
- Edward Salcedo, 3B: 1-3, RBI, .262
- Cody Martin, SP: 3 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 3 K, 3.74 ERA
- Ryne Harper, SP: 3 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 5 K, 0.00 ERA
Frederick Keys 1, Lynchburg Hillcats 4
- Myke Jones, CF: 2-3, 2B, BB, .233
- Edward Salcedo, 3B: 2-3, R, SB(11), .268
- Adam Milligan, LF: 2-3, 2B, 2 RBI, R, .263
- Braeden Schlehuber, DH: 2-3, RBI, .299
- Aaron Northcraft, SP: 7 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 6 K, 3.76 ERA
Lynchburg took both games of a doubleheader against the Frederick Keys today. Lynchburg absolutely stole game one, winning despite being outhit 12-2. Lynchburg dominated the second game behind a complete game from Aaron Northcraft. Northcraft was dominant, allowing only 3 hits and one run over the 7th inning affair. He also struck out 6 compared to only 2 walks. Edward Salcedo had a good day at the plate, going 3-6 over the two games with a run, RBI, and steal. Myke Jones reached base 3 times in the nightcap with a walk, double, and single. Adam Milligan had an excellent nightcap as well, going 2 for 3 with a double and a pair of RBIs.
Gus Schlosser will start tomorrow for Lynchburg against the Keys.
Augusta GreenJackets 3, Rome Braves 4
- Fernando De Los Santos, 2B: 3-3, 2 HR(5,6), 3 RBI, .229
- Chipper Jones, 3B: 0-3, .250
- Kyle Kubitza, DH: 1-4, 2B, RBI, .254
- Greg Ross, SP: 6.2 IP, 8 H, 3 R, 1 BB, 3 K, 5.77 ERA
- Jarrett Miller, RP: 2.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 2 K, 3.79 ERA
Fernando De Los Santos went crazy tonight, almost single-handedly winning the game for Rome. He had a pair of homers, including the go-ahead homer in the 8th inning. De Los Santos had 3 of Rome's 4 RBI, with the lone other coming on a Kyle Kubitza double. Chipper Jones started at 3rd for his 2nd rehab start and was 0-3, but said everything felt fine. Greg Ross started for Rome and pitched a solid game, allowing 3 runs on 9 baserunners across 6.2 innings. Jarrett Miller came out of the pen and threw 2.1 no-hit innings to secure the win.
Rafael Briceno goes tomorrow for Rome.