Gwinnett Braves 1, Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees 3
- Luis Durango, CF: 2-3, .282
- Ernesto Mejia, 1B: 1-4, 2B, .311
- Josh Wilson, SS: 1-4, 3B, .246
- Todd Redmond, SP: 7 IP, 3 H, 1 R (0 ER), 3 BB, 5 K, 3.13 ERA
Todd Redmond threw another great start tonight, going 7 innings and allowing only one unearned run on 3 hits and 3 walks. He struck out 5 and lowered his ERA down to 3.13. On offense, Gwinnett couldn't do a thing against the Yankees AAA team. Luis Durango was the only G-Brave to notch a multi-hit game, going 2-3 on the day. Ernesto Mejia doubled and Josh Wilson tripled, but other than that Gwinnett's bats were pretty quiet.
Chattanooga Lookouts 4, Mississippi Braves 1
- Keenan Wiley, RF: 2-3, 2B, BB, RBI, .282
- Todd Cunningham, CF: 2-4, .326
- Christian Bethancourt, C: 1-4, .259
- Luis Avilan, SP: 2 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 2 BB, 2 K, 3.51 ERA
- Chris Jones, RP: 2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K, 3.90 ERA
It was a lackluster day for Mississippi, as the offense managed only 5 hits on the day, and Luis Avilan exited early after an ineffective performance. Keenan Wiley and Todd Cunningham combined for 4 of the M-Braves' 5 hits, with Wiley driving in the only run with an RBI double. Christian Bethancourt recorded the other hit. Luis Avilan threw 2 innings, allowing 3 runs on 5 hits and 2 walks. Just a bad day for the M-Braves' starter.
Gary Moran takes the mound for Mississippi tomorrow against the Lookouts.
Myrtle Beach Pelicans 3, Lynchburg Hillcats 0
- Myke Jones, CF: 2-3, 2B, BB, SB(9), .262
- Bobby Stevens, LF: 2-4, 2B, .280
- Tommy La Stella, 2B: 1-3, BB, .269
- Cody Martin, SP: 5 IP, 7 H, 3 R (2 ER), 1 BB, 2 K, 3.43 ERA
- Matt Chaffee, RP: 2 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 0 BB, 2 K, 3.81 ERA
Cody Martin had a decent start for the Hillcats tonight, but Lynchburg couldn't manage any offense behind him. Martin went 5 innings, giving up 2 earned runs on 7 hits and a walk while striking out two. Lynchburg managed only 6 hits all night, with 4 of them coming from Myke Jones and Bobby Stevens. Jones, who slumped badly all year, seems to have finally figured things out with the Hillcats. Over his last 7 games, Jones has gone 11-28 with 5 doubles and a walk.
Chris Masters pitches tomorrow for the Hillcats.
Greenville Drive 2, Rome Braves 3
- Robby Hefflinger, LF: 3-4, HR(2), .270
- William Beckwith, DH: 2-4, .298
- Brandon Drury, 1B: 2-3, 2B, RBI, .191
- Ross Heffley, 2B: 1-4, 2B, .294
- Greg Ross, SP: 7 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 1 BB, 4 K, 5.30 ERA
- David Peterson, RP: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K, 0.00 ERA
Rome won on a wild two-out walkoff tonight, backing a great pitching effort. In the 9th, with 2 outs and no one on in a 2-2 game, Chase Anselment worked a walk. Brandon Drury singled him to second and Cory Brownsten brought home the game winner on another single. For Drury, it was his first multi-hit game in a long while, as he also had an RBI double. Robby Hefflinger put together a 3 hit night including his second homer of the year. William Beckwith keeps on hitting, and had two more singles tonight. Greg Ross made the start tonight for Rome and was rock-solid, going 7 innings and only allowing 2 runs on 5 hits and a walk. David Peterson, Atlanta's 8th round pick this year, came on in relief of Ross and threw two scoreless frames, allowing only 1 hit while striking out a batter.
Jarrett Miller is slated to start tomorrow for Rome.
Kingsport Mets 3, Danville Braves 5
- Carlos Franco, 3B: 1-4, 3B, R, BB, .368
- Logan Robbins, CF: 1-3, BB, RBI, R, 2 SB(1,2), OF Assist .154
- Aris Alcantara, 1B: 1-4, 2 RBI, .316
- Frank Lafreniere, SP: 5 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 6 K, 1.80 ERA
- Alex Wilson, RP: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K, 0.00 ERA
Frank Lafreniere made his second start for Danville a good one, going 5 innings while allowing only one run. More impressively, Lafreniere struck out 6 while not walking a man. Alex Wilson, Atlanta's 15th round pick this year, followed suit with 2 innings of shutout ball, allowing only 1 hit while striking out 3. So far in his pro career, Wilson has thrown 4 innings, allowing 3 hits, no walks, no runs, and punching out 6. Not a bad start. Danville had 8 hits on the night, spread out over 8 different regulars. Only Josh Elander couldn't manage one. Aris Alcantara had the big blow with a 2 RBI single. Carlos Franco hit a triple, walked, and scored a run, while Logan Robbins had a single, walk, run, RBI, 2 steals, and threw a man out at home to boot.
Danville takes on Kingsport again tomorrow
GCL Blue Jays 1, GCL Braves 0 - Suspended/4 Innings
The stats for this game will be covered when it is resumed, though there is one worth mention now. Lucas Sims, Atlanta's 1st round pick this year, made his professional debut. Sims pitched two perfect innings with three strikeouts - a fantastic start to his pro career.