- Ernesto Mejia RF 1-3, HR (11), RBI, BB, .314 AVG
- Eric Junge 6.2 IP, 6 ER, 8 H, 3 BB, 6 K, 4.54 ERA
- Jaye Chapman 1.1 IP, 0 R, 2 H, 1 BB, 1 K, 2.63 ERA
Ernesto Mejia's 11th homer of the year accounted for the lone G-Braves run today. It was his second straight game with a homer, and in his last 10 games he's hitting .314 with a .985 OPS, 3 homers, and 4 RBI. After pitching quality starts his last two times out, Eric Junge was roughed up today, allowing 6 earned runs in 6.2 innings, picking up his sixth loss of the year. Jay Chapman made his third straight scoreless appearance, and he's struck out 4 in 4 innings over that span.
Yohan Flande will face Daniel Bard Monday night.
Mississippi Braves 2, Tennessee Smokies 4
- Tim Smith LF 2-4, 2B, .304 AVG
- Todd Cunningham CF 1-4, SB (8), .323 AVG
- Sean Gilmartin 5 IP, 4 ER, 4 H, 3 BB, 3 K, 3.40 ERA
- Billy Bullock 2 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 0 BB, 4 K, 3.72 ERA
- Mark Lamm 1 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 0 BB, 2 K, 2.84 ERA
Todd Cunningham extended his hitting streak to 10 game, and during that span he's hit .385 with a .846 OPS, 3 doubles, 6 RBI, and 2 steals. Tim Smith snapped a 0-6 skid with a 2 hit day. Sean Gilmartin had one of his least effective starts of the year, allowing 4 earned runs in just 5 innings of work, after allowing just 1 earned run in 8 innings his last time out. Billy Bullock made his fourth straight appearance without allowing an earned run, and over that span he's stuck out 9, walked 4 and given up 2 hits in 5.2 innings.
Lynchburg Hillcats 5, Frederick Keys 0
- Myke Jones CF 1-2, 3 BB, .238 AVG
- Nick Ahmed SS 1-5, HR (4), RBI, SB (20), .253 AVG
- Tommy La Stella 2B 2-5, 2B, RBI, .263 AVG
- Adam Milligan DH 1-4, HR (3), RBI, .262 AVG
- Chris Garcia 1B 1-2, 2 BB, .320 AVG
- Braeden Schlehuber C 2-4, 2B, .305 AVG
- Matt Weaver LF 2-4, 3B, .213 AVG
- Gus Schlosser 8 IP, 0 R, 3 H, 0 BB, 5 K, W (7), 3.80 ERA
- Chasen Shreve 1 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 0 BB, 1 K, 1.71 ERA
Gus Schlosser had an outstanding start, striking out 5 while allowing just 3 hits and no walks over 8 shutout innings, picking up his seventh win of the year to tie him with teammate JR Graham for the league lead. It was a nice comeback after he had allowed 8 earned runs in 11 innings over his last 2 starts. Chasen Shreve made his seventh straight scoreless appearance, and he's struck out 11 and walked 4 in 10.2 innings during that stretch. Myke Jones did a great job leading off today, reaching base 4 times, and in his last 3 games he's gone 3-7 with 5 walks. Tommy La Stella had a 2 hit day, and he's gone 3-8 in his last 2 games. Braeden Schlehuber had his second straight 2 hit game, and in his last 8 games he's gone 12-26 with 3 doubles, a triple, a homer, and 5 RBI. Matt Weaver also had a 2 hit day, snapping a 0-8 skid. Nick Ahmed hit his fourth homer of the year and stole his league leading 20th base. Chris Garcia reached base 3 times, and in his last 2 games he's gone 2-4 with 3 walks.
The Hillcats begin a series against the Carolina Mudcats on Monday, with Dimasther Delgado scheduled to start the opener.
Rome Braves 7, Augusta Green Jackets 14
- Sergio Miranda 2B 3-4, RBI, BB, .239 AVG
- Kyle Kubitza 3B 0-2, 3 BB, 2 E (8, 9), .251 AVG
- Tony Mueller CF 1-2, RBI, .266 AVG
- Brandon Drury 1B 3-5, 2 2B, 2 RBI, .186 AVG
- Rafael Briceno 5 IP, 11 ER, 13 H, 1 BB, 2 K, 7.00 ERA
Brandon Drury had a great day, driving in a pair of run while rapping out 3 hits, including 2 doubles. He's struggled mightily for most of the year, but has gotten off to a good start in June, hitting .286 with a .810 OPS in 8 games. Kyle Kubitza had some trouble in the field, committing a pair of throwing errors, but he showed off his on base skils, working 3 walks, giving him 9 walks in his last 10 games, good for a .413 OBP. Tony Mueller extended his hitting streak to 6 games, going 11-21 with 4 RBI during that stretch. It looked like Rafael Briceno was finally turning his season around after allowing just 2 earned runs over 11 innings in his last 2 starts, but he was pounded tonight, allowing 11 earned runs in 5 innings, upping his season ERA to an even 7.00 and his WHIP to 1.75. He's only allowing 2.6 BB/9, but he's been very hittable, giving up 13.1 hits per 9 innings.
The teams head to Augusta tomorrow to continue the series, with David Filak scheduled to start for Rome.
DSL Braves - Off