Kyle Kubitza extended his hitting streak to 5 games with his third straight multi-hit game.
Joey Terdoslavich extended his hitting streak with a homer, Yohan Flande and Cory Gearrin added some more shutout innings to their stat line, Matt Lipka did something he almost never does, and Kyle Kubitza added another multi-hit game to extend his own hitting streak.
Gwinnett Braves 5, Durham Bulls 0
- Luis Durango 1-4, 2B, BB, .292 AVG
- Ernesto Mejia 1B 2-3, 2 2B, RBI, .306 AVG
- Joey Terdoslavich 3B 1-4, HR (2), 2 RBI, .231 AVG
- Jordan Parraz RF 2-4, HR (1), RBI, .297 AVG
- Jose Yepez C 3-4, 2B, RBI, .235 AVG
- Yohan Flande 5 IP, 0 R, 3 H, 2 BB, 4 K, W (1), 0.00 ERA
- Dusty Hughes 2 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 1 BB, 1 K, 1.17 ERA
- Cory Gearrin 2 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 0 BB, 3 K, 0.00 ERA
Yohan Flande and Cory Gearrin were supposed to be on Atlanta's opening day roster, but the last minute signings of Chad Durbin and Livan Hernandez pushed them back to AAA. The duo is doing everything they can to prove they belong in the Majors, with Flande picking up his first win of the year, striking out 4 over 5 shutout innings, giving him 8 strikeouts in 9 scoreless on the season, and Gearrin closing out the game with 2 perfect innings, striking out 3, giving him 9 strikeouts in 8 scoreless innings over his 4 appearances. Joey Terdoslavich extended his hitting streak to 7 games with his second homer of the season. During the streak, he's gone 8-26 with a double, 2 homers, 4 RBI and 4 walks. After going 1-13 in his first 3 games, Jose Yepez had 3 hits tonight.
Todd Redmond will start the series finale Sunday afternoon.
Mississippi Braves 3, Montgomery Biscuits 4, 12 innings
- Andrelton Simmons SS 2-6, RBI, BB, .400 AVG
- Matt Kennelly C 2-4, RBI, BB, .267 AVG
- LV Ware CF 2-6, .273 AVG
- Chris Masters 5 IP, 3 R, 5 H, 3 BB, 2 K, 4.82 ERA
- Gary Moran 5 IP, 0 R, 3 H, 1 BB, 4 K, 0.87 ERA
- Cory Rasmus 2 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 0 BB, 4 K, 0.00 ERA
Andrelton Simmons had a pair of singles and a walk tonight, and in his last 3 games he's gone 6-13 with a triple, a walk, and a RBI. Chris Masters allowed 3 runs over 5 innings, and he's working on a bad trend, allowing 8 walks compared to 5 strikeouts in 9.1 innings this season. Gary Moran basically piggyback started Masters tonight, tossing 5 scoreless innings of relief. Over 3 appearances the 6'8" righty has allowed just 1 run over 10.1 innings. Cory Rasmus still has yet to allow a run this year, striking out 7 in 6 innings over 5 appearances.
Mississippi begins a road series against the Jackson Generals tomorrow, with Luis Avilan scheduled to start.
Lynchburg Hillcats 6, Potomac Nationals 4
- Matt Lipka CF 2-4, HR (1), RBI, .265 AVG
- Tommy La Stella 2B 2-4, 2B, 3 RBI, SB (2), .357 AVG
- Kyle Rose RF 2-4, 2 2B, .286 AVG
- JR Graham 6 IP, 3 R, 4 H, 4 BB, 6 K, W (2), 4.09 ERA
- Andrew Wilson 2 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 0 BB, 4 K, 1.69 ERA
Tommy La Stella had an RBI double in the first and a two run single in the third, extending his hitting streak to 4 games. During that span, he's gone 5-17 with a double,a triple, and 5 RBI. Matt Lipka hit his first homer of the season, equaling his total from all of last season. Kyle Rose had a pair of doubles, his first hits of the season. JR Graham was effectively wild, picking up his second win of the year with a quality start that saw him walk 4 and strike out 6. Andrew Wilson had a season with Lynchburg in 2010, posting a 2.70 ERA and a 1.16 WHIP in 50 innings, and he's proving so far this year he deserved a promotion to AA. Over 4 appearances this season, he's allowed 1 run, walked none, and struck out 10 in 5.1 innings.
Aaron Northcraft gets the nod in the series finale tomorrow afternoon.
Rome Braves 5, Charelston River Dogs 8
- Logan Robbins 2B 2-4, BB, SB (4), .286 AVG
- Kyle Kubitza 3B 2-5, 3B, RBI, .250 AVG
- William Beckwith 1B 2-4, 2B, RBI, .313 AVG
- Felix Marte CF 2-4, 2B, .286 AVG
- Fernando de los Santos SS 1-4, HR (1), 3 RBI, .150 AVG
- Carlos Perez 3.2 IP, 6 ER, 9 H, 3 BB, 3 K, 7.04 ERA
- Cole Rohrbough 1 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 0 BB, 0 K, 0.00 ERA
- Wilson Rivera 1 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 2 BB, 2 K, 6.00 ERA
William Beckwith had another good night, with a single and a double, making him 7-14 with 3 doubles and 5 RBI in his last 4 games. Kyle Kubitza had his third straight 2 hit day, extending his hitting streak to 5 games, going 8-21 with a double, 2 triples, 2 homers, and 4 RBI. Felix Marte had his second straight 2 hit day, making him 5-11 in his last 3 games. Carlos Perez tossed 4 shutout innings in his first start, but he got knocked around in this one, giving up 9 hits, 3 walks, and 6 runs without making it out of the 4th inning. Cole Rohrbough made hid third straight scoreless appearance to start the year.
Rafael Briceno will start the series finale tomorrow.