We're all itching for something to get excited about about other than a sore Freeman patella or a chubbier Chipper. So let's talk about this catcher list. The MLB Network ranks Brian McCann seventh on the top ten list. Here is said list in question.
- Mike Napoli (Texas Rangers)
- Joe Mauer (Minnesota Twins)
- Miguel Montero (Arizona Diamondbacks)
- Buster Posey (San Francisco Giants)
- Alex Avila (Detroit Tigers)
- Carlos Santana (Cleveland Indians)
- Brian McCann (Atlanta Braves)
- Yadier Molina (St. Louis Cardinals)
- Matt Wieters (Baltimore Orioles)
- Carlos Ruiz (Philadelphia Phillies)
Posey played less than 50 games last year, Napoli could be considered for the DH list, and Santana smacked a few more HR's in his second year. McCann's been putting up comparable numbers for years, but he's just so-so in the eyes of the analysts. Pretty poor list I'd say.
God, this season can't get here soon enough, I'm getting worked up over a catcher rating list.