Gwinnett and Danville get the organization on the board tonight with a couple of wins. Good pitching from Todd Redmond and his bullpen got the win for Gwinnett and Tyler Pastornicky continues to collect singles at an impressive rate. Danville is led by Brandon Drury who just keeps getting better.
Gwinnett Braves 2, Durham Bulls 0
- Tyler Pastornicky, SS 2-4, K, CS(1), .447 Avg
- Mauro Gomez, 1B 1-4, 3B, RBI, 2 K, .285 Avg
- Brandon Hicks, 3B 2-4, 2 2B, RBI, K, .261 Avg
- Todd Redmond 6 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 5 K, 3.02 ERA
- Arodys Vizcaino 1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K, 4.50 ERA
- Jairo Asencio 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB 3 K, 1.37 ERA
In case you had not been paying attention Todd Redmond is third in the IL in ERA. Julio Teheran still leads by nearly 3/4 of a run over the next closest person and then Redmond is about the same behind him. This tells me how ridiculously good Teheran has been and how quietly good Redmond has been as well. Brandon Hicks is also putting together his best offensive season of his career. Unfortunately his skillset has not translated to the majors well. Arodys Vizcaino struck out the side tonight on three swinging strikes. I just hope this move to the 'pen is a temporary thing.
Mobile BayBears 5, Mississippi Braves 3
- Antoan Richardson, LF-CF 2-4, K, .295 Avg
- Donell Linares, 3B 2-3, RBI, BB, .275 Avg
- Ernesto Mejia, 1B 1-4, 2B, RBI, .299 Avg
- Beninio Pruneda 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 3 K, 4.05 ERA
The M-Braves have dropped three straight to the BayBears. At this point about the only reasons I keep up with this team are Randall Delgado and Brett Oberholtzer. Myke Jones is interesting sometimes too.
Lynchburg Hiilcats 5, Myrtle Beach Pelicans 7
- Joey Terdoslavich, 1B 2-3, RBI, 2 BB, .268 Avg
- Joe Leonard, 3B, 2-5, HR(6), 4 RBI, .254 Avg
- Christian Bethancourt, C 1-4, K, .258 Avg
The Hillcats carried a two run lead into the bottom of the ninth in this games but Ryan Buchter gave up three runs and surrendered a walk-off single to give the Hillcats their third straight loss at the Pelicans' hands. I wonder if Joey Terdoslavich hasn't tired out a little bit as the season has gone on. His power has dropped dramatically and power isn't something that generally just disappears. Either that or he is nursing a minor but unknown injury.
Rome Braves 5, Lexington Legends 7
- Edward Salcedo, 3B, 1-4, 2 K, .269 Avg
- Chris Garcia, 1B 1-3, 2B, RBI, BB, 2 K, .319 Avg
- Robert Hefflinger, DH 2-3, HR(4), 2 RBI, K, .267 Avg
- David Rohm, RF 3-4, 2 RBI, .257 Avg
- Cody Martin 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 3 K, 0.00 ERA
Edward Salcedo has drifted into a mild slump after being red hot during the middle of the month. He is another guy I expect will probably tire down the stretch. He just hasn't played this kind of rigorous baseball schedule in the past. David Rohm continues to tease me.
Danville Braves 8, Elizabethon Twins 1
- Brandon Drury, 3B 2-2, 2 HR(6), 3 RBI, HBP, .362 Avg
- William Beckwith, DH 0-2, 2 BB, .288 Avg
- Chase Larsson, 1-4, HR(4), 3 RBI, .245 Avg
- Greg Ross 6 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 7 K, 2.59 ERA
The offensive juggernaut that is the Danville Braves rolls on past perennial rival Elizabethton. Brandon Drury continues to improve at the plate and now has a slight edge over Beckwith in OPS (.988 to .983). His plate discipline is still scary bad, but he makes consistent hard contact and is now starting to drive the ball. Chase Larsson is another guy to keep an eye on. He has a 1.042 OPS over his last ten games after a slow start.
GCL Braves 4, GCL Phillies 5
- Todd Cunningham, CF 0-2, BB, K, .000 Avg
- Logan Robbins, 2B 1-4, 2B, K, .247 Avg
- Aris Alcantara, 1B 2-4, 2B, .269 Avg
I hate losing to the Phillies no matter what level they are playing at.
DSL Angels @ DSL Braves