Gwinnett Braves 4, Buffalo Bisons 3
- Jose Constanza LF 2-4, OF Assist, .314 AVG
- Stefan Gartrell RF 1-3, HR (12), 2 RBI, BB, .290 AVG
- Mauro Gomez 1B 2-4, HR (11), RBI, .315 AVG
- Yohan Flande 5 IP, 2 R, 1 ER, 6 H, 0 BB, 3 K, 4.23 ERA
- Juan Abreu 2 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 1 BB, 1 K, 1.88 ERA
Mauro Gomez took the first pitch of the bottom of the 9th and deposited it over the center field wall for the walkoff win for the G-Braves. After hitting .413 with a 1.103 OPS in April, Gomez has cooled off considerably, but his overall numbers still look good, with a .315 IPS, a .907 OPS, 11 homers, and 37 RBI in 52 games. Stefan Gartrell has done the opposite, heating up as the season goes on. In his last 3 games, the 27 year old outfielder has gone 6-9 with 2 doubles, 4 home runs, 8 RBI, and 3 walks. For the year he's hitting .290 with a .922 OPS, 12 homers, and 36 RBI in 47 games.
Erik Cordier will take the mound Tuesday as the team heads to Toledo.
Mississippi Braves 2, Montgomery Biscuits 15
- Myke Jones DH 0-2, BB, SAC, .258 AVG
- Tyler Pastornicky SS 1-2, 2B, RBI, E (15), .310 AVG
- Brett Oberholtzer 4 IP, 6 ER, 8 H, 2 BB, 1 K, 4.63 ERA
After a strong start, Brett Oberholtzer has hit a real rough patch. The 21 year old lefty has a 10.34 ERA and a 2.11 WHIP in his last 3 starts, all losses. His relievers didn't fare much better, as lefty Luis Avilan allowed 6 runs, 4 earned in just 0.2 innings and Eddie Morlan allowed 3 runs, 1 earned, in 1 inning. In his last 4 games, Myke Jones has gone 0-12, but he's reached base 7 times on walks.
JJ Hoover will face the Biscuits tomorrow.
Lynchburg Hillcats 5, Salem Red Sox 4
- Andrelton Simmons SS 2-3, RBI, .314 AVG
- Adam Milligan RF 2-4, 3B, 2 RBI, BB, .277 AVG
- Gerry Rodriguez DH 2-4, RBI, .288 AVG
- Aaron Shafer 5 IP, 1 ER, 7 H, 2 BB, 4 K, 2.89 ERA
Adam Milligan singled in Todd Cunningham in the bottom of the 9th for the walkoff win for the Hillcats. Milligan also walked and tripled in a run in the game, continuing a stretch that has seen him hit .324 with a .918 OPS in his last 10 games. Andrelton Simmons had a pair of singles, extending his hitting streak to 8 games. He's gone 12-36 with 2 doubles, 5 RBI and a walk in that span. Gerry Rodriguez also had a pair of singles, extending his own hitting streak to 7 games. He's gone 12-27 with 3 doubles, 3 home runs, 13 RBI, and 3 walks in that span. He's playing great for the Hillcats, with a .288 average and a .972 OPS, but it's also the third year in a row the 23 year old has played part of the year in the Carolina League. Former Cubs 2nd rounder Aaron Shafer did well in his first start for the Hillcats, allowing just 1 run over 5 innings, though he did give up 7 hits.
The series against Salem continues Tuesday, with Zeke Spruill on the mound for the Hillcats.
Rome Braves 2, Kannapolis Intimidators 1
- Hilton Richardson CF 2-4, .226 AVG
- Chris Garcia DH 2-4, RBI, .343 AVG
- Jakob Dalfonso 1B 1-3, SB (6), .301 AVG
- Caleb Brewer 5 IP, 1 ER, 3 H, 3 BB, 7 K, W (4), 3.04 ERA
- Kyle Mertins 1 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 1 BB, 0 K, SV (5), 1.96 ERA
Rome had a nice comeback game after their 16-4 drubbing yesterday, winning on great pitchin and timely hitting, scoring both of their runs in the top of the 3rd on a David Rohm sacrifice fly and a Chris Garcia RBI single. The 23 year old Garcia continues to provide veteran leadership in the middle of the Rome order, and he extended his hitting streak to 7 games, going 10-26 with 2 doubles, a homer, and 5 RBI in that span. Caleb Brewer only pitched 5 innings, as his pitch count was eaten up by 7 strikeouts and 3 walks, but he continues to be Rome's only reliable starter, picking up his 4th win of the season. He's 21 with 111.2 innings at Rome between last season and this season, so he may be moved up to Lynchburg sometime soon. The bullpen followed him with 4 shutout innings, with Kyle Mertins picking up his 5th save of the season, all of them coming in his last 9 appearances.
Ryan Weber will face the Intimidators in the series finale Tuesday night.
DSL Braves 10, DSL Blue Jays 3
- Daniel Castro 2B 1-4, 2 RBI, BB, .154 AVG
- Jose Peraza DH 2-4, 2 RBI, .259 AVG
- Emmanuel Daniel RF 2-3, 2 RBI, BB, .350 AVG
- Robinson Arno LF 2-4, 2B, 2 RBI, .SB (1), 185 AVG
- Elvin Garcia 5 IP, 2 ER, 5 H, 2 BB, 2 K, W (1), 1.38 ERA
- Magdiel Avendano 1.2 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 0 BB, 1 K, 1.59 ERA
The San Pedro de Macoris Braves really put up some offense in this one, scoring 10 runs on 10 hits. 19 year old Mexican second baseman Daniel Castro picked up his first extra base hit of the season and drove in a pair of runs. Venezuelan Jose Peraza had a pair of hits as the designated hitter, and the 17 year old shortstop has been consistent, with 7 hits in 7 games. Cleanup hitter Emanuel Daniel has been a force for the team, as the 19 year old has 7 hits, including 2 doubles, and 4 RBI in 5 games. 18 year old Robinson Arno had a pair of hits, including a double, a pair of RBI, and a stolen base. Elvin Garcia, a 20 year old Nicaraguan lefty, gave up his first runs of the season, but overall he's been good, with a 1.38 ERA and a 0.92 WHIP in 13 innings. 17 year old righty Magliel Avendano tossed 1.2 perfect innings in relief.