- Jason Heyward RF - 0-3, K
- Stefan Gartrell LF-RF - 1-4, 2B, 3 RBI, K, .275 Avg
- Julio Teheran 7 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K, 1.78 ERA
Just in case anyone had been worrying about it - Julio Teheran is still the man. In his last 21 innings Teheran has allowed one earned run on eleven hits and two walks. His 1.78 ERA is second in the International League behind a 33 year old pitcher who is sporting a 1.09 mark through 55 innings (15 less than Teheran). Julio threw just 88 pitches in the game but the Braves played it safe and pulled him and the team scored four runs in the ninth inning to get the win.
Tomorrow is a scheduled off day for the International League.
Mississippi Braves - Scheduled Off
Arodys Vizcaino will attempt to build on his best AA outing tomorrow against the the Suns.
Wilimngton Blue Rocks 3, Lynchburg Hillcats 1 - Game 1, 7 Innings
- Joey Terdoslavich 1B - 1-3, 2B, K, .267 Avg
- Joe Leonard DH - 2-4, 2 2B, RBI, .246 Avg
The Hillcats dropped the first game of their double header and they were essentially shut down offensively outside of the two Joes. Chris Masters allowed three runs over the course of five innings.
Wilmington Blue Rocks 3, Lynchburg Hillcats 7 - Game 2, 7 Innings
- Barrett Kleinknecht 2B - 2-2, RBI, BB, CS(1), .268 Avg
- Adam Milligan DH - 1-3, 3B, 2 RBI, K, .273 Avg
- Joe Leonard 3B - 1-3, 2B, .247 Avg
- Gerry Rodriguez LF - 1-3, HR(6), 2 RBI, 2 K, .261 Avg
- Dimaster Delgado 4 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 4 BB, 5 K, 4.34 ERA
The Lynchburg offense bounced back in game two with seven runs on eight hits behind a solid but erratic performance from Dimaster Delgado. Joe Leonard has five hits in his last three games and all of them have gone for extra bases. In fact, going back to June 6 he has eight hits, seven of which have gone for extra bases. Hopefully he is starting to find his way at the plate.
The Hillcats send Matt Crim to the mound to take on the Blue Rocks.
Rome Braves 1, Savannah Sand Gnats 2
- Christian Bethancourt C - 3-4, K, .300 Avg
- Robert Hefflinger RF - 1-4, HR(3), 2 K, .272 Avg
- Aaron Northcraft 7 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 1 BB, 4 K, 2.36 ERA
Aaron Northcraft put together another nice start for Rome but once again the offense could must very little against the top team in the league. Christian Bethancourt now has his average up to .300 on the season and continues to improve at the plate. If we can just get some walks out of him he could be a powerhouse.
Carlos Perez will try to tap into his huge potential tomorrow against the Sand Gnats.
DSL Braves 4, DSL Blue Jays 7
- Ibrahim McKenzie 1B - 2-3, BB, .220 Avg
- Erick Maldonado CF - 2-2, 3B, .333 Avg
- Emmanuel Daniel DH - 1-3, .429 Avg
- Mauricio Cabrera 2 IP, 5 H, 5 R(3 ER), 0 BB, 3 K, 5.79 ERA
Mauricio Cabrera has been a little erratic game to game this season giving up four runs, zero runs, four runs, one run, and five runs in his starts. Luckily he is just 17 years old and has plenty of time to develop. Up to this point only Daniel and Mckenzie have been impressive at the plate for the Braves (even looking at Mckenzie's average doesn't get your hopes up). Daniel is 19 and should be killing the ball but Mckenzie just turned 17 in February. Jose Peraza was a big catch for the Braves in last season's international free agent market but has put up just a .548 OPS in his first 13 games in professional baseball.