Gwinnett 8, Norfolk 4
- J. Schafer 1-5 SB(4), 2 K, .250 Avg
- J. Costanza 3-5 2B, 2 RBI, .373 Avg
- D. Hernandez 2-5 HR(2), 2 RBI, .298 Avg
- W. Ramirez 2-4 HR(3), 3 RBI, K, .226 Avg
- J. Teheran 6.1 IP, 7 H, 3 R(1 ER), 0 BB, 5 K, 1.69 ERA
Julio Teheran collects his first AAA win in his best outing of the year. He hasn't been dominant yet but so far the 20 year is just going out and taking care of business. This was the first game he didn't allow any walks and not surprisingly it was his longest outing so far. Diory Hernandez is also making a case that he should be the backup infielder in Atlanta. Also Stephen Marek has yet to allow a run this year. He did this last year as well in AA and they had to promote him before he gave up a run. The Brave offense has scored 8+ runs in five of their last nine games.
Mississippi 4, Birmingham 7
- C. Harrilchak 1-4 2B, BB, K, .224 Avg
- T. Pastornicky 1-5 3B, RBI, K, .298 Avg
- E. Mejia 1-3 2 BB, 2 K, .354 Avg
- P. Clemens 5 IP, 7 H, 2 R, 2 BB, 8 K, 3.00 ERA
Paul Clemens put together a start very similar to his last outing just with four more strikeouts and one more walk. For the year he has 19 K in 15 innings but he has also allowed 18 hits and 7 walks. I have liked him for a couple of years and it is nice to see him putting things together. Mejia continues to get on base in a variety of ways, unfortunately he doesn't have much help outside of the recently demoted Willie Cabrera
J.J. Hoover will see if he can help the Braves to their first win of the series.
Lynchburg 4, Salem 5
- J. Terdoslavich 1-4 HR(5), .256 Avg
- L.V. Ware 2-3 3B, BB, .211 Avg
- A. Vizcaino 5.1 IP, 9 H, 3 R(2 ER), 2 BB, 5 K, 2.93 ERA
The Hillcats lose their 10th straight game and third consecutive series sweep. Joey Terdoslavich leads the entire Braves organization in homers and is tied for the league lead. Having a player leading any league in homers is unique for Braves fans especially a player in the Carolina league after years of having a team in the pitcher's paradise in Myrtle Beach. Arodys Vizcaino had a successful outing though it wasn't the prettiest effort he has put together.
Zeke Spruill will attempt to break the losing streak as the Hillcats will take on Frederick tomorrow.
Rome 4, Greensboro 7
- M. Lipka 2-4 BB, K, 2 SB(6), 2 E(3), .254 Avg
- E. Salcedo 1-5 RBI, 2 K, .327 Avg
- D. Rohm 2-3 2B, BB, .286 Avg
Ronan Pacheco started the game strong allowing just one baserunner in the first two innings but then let Greensboro get the best of him giving up five runs over the next three innings. He did get ten ground balls versus just three fly balls. Ryan Weber relieved him and allowed 2 runs over the course of 3.1 innings. Edward Salcedo batted third in this game - his highest spot in the order so far this season. Matt Lipka has yet to collect an extra-base-hit this season.
David Filak will take the mound for the Braves tomorrow.