Gwinnett 0, Durham 1
- J. Schafer CF 1-3, BB, .310 AVG
- S. Gartrell RF 1-3, BB, .308 AVG
- T. Redmond 7 IP, 1 R, 0 ER, 2 H, 6 K, 1.38 ERA
Todd Redmond allowed just 2 hits and 1 unearned run over 7 innings, while striking out 6, but still took the loss as the G-Braves offense managed just 4 hits. Redmond is about as steady and dependable a AAA pitcher as you could hope to find, so hopefully he'll get a chance in the Majors at some point, even if it's not with the Braves. Stefan Gartrell had a nice debut with his new team, as the slugger reached on a single and a walk. Jordan Schafer has reached base in every game he's started this season, getting on twice tonight, upping his on base percentage to .429.
Jacob Thompson will take the mound Sunday afternoon.
Mississippi 4, Mobile 3
- C. Harrilchak CF 3-5, 2 2B, .212 AVG
- E. Mejia 1B 2-3, 2 BB, .303 AVG
- D. Linares 3B 1-4, HR (2), RBI, BB, .265 AVG
- G. Rodriguez PH-RF 1-2, HR (2), RBI, .136 AVG
- JJ Hoover 4.2 IP, 2 ER, 6 H, 2 BB, 5 K, 2.79 ERA
Cory Harrilchak nearly doubled his hit total for the year, rapping out 3 hits, including a pair of doubles, upping his average from .143 to .212. Ernesto Mejia remains a steady force in the middle of hte lineup, reaching base 4 times. Through 9 games he has a .303 average and a .970 OPS. JJ Hoover's pitch count prevented him from finishing 5 innings, but he pitched solidily, allowing 2 runs and striking out 5.
Kenshin Kawakami will pitch for the M-Braves Sunday.
Lynchburg 4, Myrtle Beach 11
- T. Cunningham CF 2-4, .259 AVG
- A. Milligan RF 2-4, 2 2B, .300 AVG
- J. Leonard 3B 1-4, 2 RBI, .231 AVG
- J. Terdoslavich 1B 2-4, 2 HR (1, 2), 2 RBI, .130 AVG
- Z. Spruill 6 IP,3 R, 2 ER, 4 H, 3 BB, 4 K, 3.27 ERA
- D. Hale 2 IP, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 H, 0 BB, 0 K, 8.53 ERA
Joe Terdoslavich clubbed out a pair of home runs tonight. The first baseman only has 3 hits on the season, the home runs and a double. Adam Milligan hit a pair of doubles, upping his average to .300 and his OPS to an even 1.000. Zeke Spruill had a few more walks than you typically want to see, but he also limited the hits and overall had a very good start. It would be nice to see him have a good 2011 after his 2010 was waylaid by injury and immaturity. David Hale had his first positive outing of the season, allowing 1 unearned run over 2 innings. Andrelton Simmons made a pair of errors in this game, giving him 4 on the season. Simmons is a fantastic defender and the fact that he has 4 errors through 7 games should be a clear indicaton that error totals are not the best way to judge a Minor Leaguer's defensive ability.
Cory Rasmus will make his second start of the year Sunday.
Rome 3, Charleston 6
- M. Lipka SS 2-4, BB, SB (4), .262 AVG
- D. Rohm RF 1-4, RBI, .286 AVG
- R. Flores 1-4, HR (1), RBI, E (2), .115 AVG
- D. Filak 2.1 IP, 4 ER, 4 H, 5 BB, 1 K, 7.36 ERA
- D. Alvarez 2 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 1 BB, 1 K, 1.42 AVG
Matt Lipka had a pair of singles, a walk, and stole his 4th base of the year. In his last 4 games he's gone 7-19 with 3 walks and 3 stolen bases. David Filak had a rough time, allowing 9 baserunners, 5 on walks, in just 2.1 innings. Danilo Alvarez continued his good work, tossing a pair of scoreless innings, giving him 6.1 scoreless in 4 appearances this season.
Promising lefty Carlos Perez takes the hill for Rome Sunday.